Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Driver issues (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=439710)

mattnxtc 06-30-2007 02:22 PM

Driver issues

I am having trouble getting a solid turn on my downswing when I hit my driver. This is leading me to hit it straight but everything is going right because I am leaving my body open.

Any advice/suggestions on any changes I can make to get myself to get a better turn on my downswing?

mattnxtc 07-01-2007 08:25 PM

Re: Driver issues

anybody?

Just to add...I recently changed from a Taylormade 360 to the Taylormade Burner which is goign to be a little bit longer club.

Would a bigger backswing give my body a chance to turn in tune?

closer 07-01-2007 08:57 PM

Are you hitting like a block?

Straight but dead right?

Evan 07-01-2007 09:14 PM

Yea, can you clarify if you mean it's going straight right or if it's starting straight to your target and then fading right?

mattnxtc 07-01-2007 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you hitting like a block?

Straight but dead right?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah thats what I was trying to get at....the ball is straight but I am not getting around again in time and it is sending the ball right from the start instead of on target.

David LoPan 07-01-2007 10:52 PM

choke up on the club?

closer 07-01-2007 11:14 PM

Make sure that when you finish your shot that your weight is almost all on your front foot. If you weight stays on your back foot during impact and finish you are going to hit a block almost every time.

mattnxtc 07-02-2007 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
choke up on the club?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think thats the issue. When I initially tested out the club I had no problem with this and even in my first couple rounds this wasnt an issue. Its just been recently that I am not turning on the ball.

WRHearst 07-02-2007 04:51 PM

The new Burner is really light in comparison to previous models. I suspect that you are losing it a little bit in your backswing due to not being able to feel it as much. If you are blocking it straight right then you must be coming from way inside which would indicate you are laying the club off as it gets to the top.

If you are just looking for a quick fix I would recommend tossing some lead tape on the bottom to get the weight back. Put more towards the heel which will help turn the club over. Try removing it a little bit at a time once you get the groove back with the new club. I just got through this with the Super Quad with positive results.

ClubChamp04 07-03-2007 01:03 AM

Check your alignment first. Then you can try rotating your upper body faster, maybe you are getting too "leggy" with it and your lower and upper body are out of sink. Try to make it feel like the club is starting the downswing followed by the leg drive. That should help you start the ball more to the left.