Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   BoB against good regular (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=439557)

Daddy Warbucks 06-30-2007 08:44 AM

BoB against good regular

Villain is Backd00rNutz, who i've played a fair bit with, but never really tangled with. He doesn't get out of line too much.

Is preflop standard?
Is the flop raise standard? I assume to have the best hand there often.
He autochecked the turn, bet it? I don't think he'll ever fold top pair there.
River is an easy fold right?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($203)
MP ($118.80)
Button ($154.05)
SB ($209.60)
BB ($208)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $7</font>, Hero (poster) calls $5.

Flop: ($14) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $23</font>, SB calls $15.

Turn: ($60) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($60) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $25</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $85

Djeorge 06-30-2007 08:50 AM

Re: BoB against good regular

I wouldn't raise the flop because he ain't folding many better hands. IMO he's calling with TP+ all the time so your bet doesn't accomplish much UNLESS you are going to 2nd barrel the turn but I don't think that's the best line anyway. As played on the riv I would prob fold because there aren't many hands that call the flop that we beat now.

josh_x 06-30-2007 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't raise the flop because he ain't folding many better hands. IMO he's calling with TP+ all the time so your bet doesn't accomplish much UNLESS you are going to 2nd barrel the turn but I don't think that's the best line anyway. As played on the riv I would prob fold because there aren't many hands that call the flop that we beat now.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think he means to bluff with the flop raise, i assume it's for value. But i don't really think theres too much value to be had. I'd call the flop, encourage more little bluffs from him, control the pot, etc.

Daddy Warbucks 06-30-2007 08:53 AM

He's not folding better hands on the flop, but how often does he actually have a better hand? My hand is very vurnerable, and any overcard on the turn is scary.

Jamougha 06-30-2007 08:54 AM

Call the flop with middle pair. Rest looks ok as played.

Nielsio 06-30-2007 09:01 AM

Cardrunners lesson #1: don't post blinds like that.

Djeorge 06-30-2007 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's not folding better hands on the flop, but how often does he actually have a better hand? My hand is very vurnerable, and any overcard on the turn is scary.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh I misread your op as saying you didnt have the best hand there much of the time...
The flop raise is ok for protection but I'd rather just commit to calling most 2nd barrels than raise now because he prob puts more bets in that way.

Daddy Warbucks 06-30-2007 09:02 AM

No, converter messed up, this was BoB, otherwise why doesn't it show that i checked on my post?

Djeorge 06-30-2007 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cardrunners lesson #1: don't post blinds like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
lolol

sh58 06-30-2007 09:31 AM

as played, i'd fold the river, he is probably valuebetting top pair or something.
by just calling PF, instead of 3betting, it looks like you want to play a small pot, but you then escalate on the flop with 2nd pair.
i don't think you played it bad really, because he is folding the flop alot, and your hand is very vulnerable, but he is a good player, so he is not gonna call you with a hand you beat OOP. for that reason, once he calls the flop, you shouldn't put any more money in unimproved.