Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Please Explain Internet Timing Tells To Me (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=438987)

The Big Sleazy 06-29-2007 03:04 PM

Please Explain Internet Timing Tells To Me

?

Skallagrim 06-29-2007 03:14 PM

Re: Please Explain Internet Timing Tells To Me

If your opponent takes a long time to bet, he must have a monster hand, a medium hand or be bluffing.

If your opponent takes a short time to bet, he must have a monster hand, a medium hand or be bluffing.

Anything else?

The Big Sleazy 06-29-2007 03:16 PM

if he bets instantly then he must have a monster hand, a medium hand or be bluffing?

Bill Haywood 06-29-2007 03:24 PM

If you've been watching a person and know that they are fast to act, then a very long pause is suggestive of a monster. Or they have nothing and are giving a false tell.

If they act very quickly, then they have a clear choice. They'll either fold or raise in response to you.

If they bet really quickly, they are strong and confident.

If they bet really quickly, they are pumped with testosterone and trying to bluff you off a hand.

So yes, there is info to be gleaned from timing, but it is weak without knowledge of the player.

tvta 06-29-2007 03:29 PM

a few that i rely on are:

-if one of the blinds waits a few seconds to check(especially if they checked/called option quickly so you know hes paying attn) i read as a slowplay and dont continuation bet

-the instapot bet on a late street when a scare card hits with moderate sized pot, unless u notice it alot from one player, means they have it and fold (i consider flop bets of this nature to mean any number of things)

granted i play omaha only, with mostly PLO8 - i find reading hands in this game are easier with experience than any

pkrblog 06-29-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your opponent takes a long time to bet, he must have a monster hand, a medium hand or be bluffing.

If your opponent takes a short time to bet, he must have a monster hand, a medium hand or be bluffing.

Anything else?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is so helpful. lol

questions 06-29-2007 03:50 PM

Timing tells are unreliable in my experience.

I have found that if I'm in middle position in a multiway pot, and I delay a flat call to someone's bet/raise (deliberately or not), 85% of the time, a subsequent player re-raises in an attempt to bluff and/or get preceding players off their hands. So if you have a monster, it's a good way of building the pot (hesitating and then flat calling, i.e., you'll get re-raised, you then reraise or push all-in).

HandHack1 06-29-2007 04:04 PM

basically, but you have to know your player's habits.

StepBangin 06-29-2007 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anything else?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Timing tells = total BS

"I have a monster, Im gonna take a long time so he thinks im bluffing"

2 hands later

"I have to bluff, I better take a long time so he thinks I have the nuts"

A_C_Slater 06-29-2007 04:33 PM

The insta flop call of your CB is almost always a marginal made hand.