Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Poker After Dark discussion thread Thursday 6-28 - Queens and Kings) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=438585)

Kevmath 06-29-2007 12:58 AM

Poker After Dark discussion thread Thursday 6-28 - Queens and Kings)

The number of players stays the same, but the interest appears to be waning. Maybe some action today will spark some renewed interest in this week's last two shows.

Poker Face 06-29-2007 04:19 AM

Re: Poker After Dark discussion thread Thursday 6-28 - Queens and King

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz. Where am I? Sorry, just woke up and noticed that Vanessa is all trendy, with the holes in her jeans. I also couldn't help but notice (with all the background crotch shots of Chad and Phil- I swear I was just looking to see if Shana came back), that Chad also had a hole in his jeans. I think it's cute when a father and daughter wear similar clothing.[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Tonight, I was also amazed that I was able to figure out that the table had quieted down and that the players were focused on winning the $120,000 prize, without Ali telling me. I'm hoping he will let me know on tomorrow's show, when it happens, just in case I somehow miss it.[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Still, this was much better than an infomercial, although nowhere nearly as good as watching Chad and Vanessa commentate together on an Ultimate Poker Challenge episode. Like Chad, I also enjoy the Take your Daughter to Work days. Now, back to the Challenge.[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Jzo19 06-29-2007 05:03 AM

i hope gabe wins but im pretty sure that this weeks PAD winner is going to be decided by a coinflip ...

tailspin4540 06-29-2007 05:22 AM

Re: Poker After Dark discussion thread Thursday 6-28 - Queens and Kings)

Where did Shana go? Odd that she'd just vanish for the equivalent of most of an episode...

I'm pretty sure Howard was never folding the A-9 against Vanessa whether it was "impossible" or not.

Also, Shana asking Hellmuth to teach her Chinese Poker so she could take some more of his money was hilarious.

mattw 06-29-2007 11:41 AM

not much to comment on. before the episode started with 5 players, atleast one player has to go home due to editing purposes. (5 players in the final session? would this be good or bad?)

agree with above comments that its still better than an infomercial and the winner will prolly be a coin flip.

helmouth and brown stopping by/hanging out. do they want the tv time or dont have a life?

TheRempel 06-29-2007 01:26 PM

Wow Annie Duke's A7 push was a godawful play. Gazes was 'pushing her around' so she decided she could fold out maybe like 1/10 of her range and pushed after thinking forever. Every time I see her in a televised poker event my opinions of Duke's poker skills drops drastically.

nawhead 06-29-2007 03:48 PM

Rousso with the chk-raise and turn bluff holding 2nd pair, especially with the OMG OMG WHAT-DO-I-DO-NOW super long pauses was... donktastic. Annie Duke 3-betting all-in when Gazes minraises in position repping a hand that doesn't mind a call was... donktastic.

But hey, it's winner takes all so anything goes, right?

The only real players in this lineup are Kaplan, Gazes, and Lederer (though he hasn't been in too many pots).

SonofDjugashvili 06-29-2007 06:51 PM

I actually loled for real watching the VR bluff of Gabe - I especially loved the aggressive check on the river after putting in most of her stack. And the the stupid jabber afterward to try to explain herself. :-)

uuser 06-30-2007 12:46 AM

After Gabe limb-reraises all in against Howard, watch Howard taking coffee. Shake it baby! (I'm shaking also pretty bad so don't take it personally Howard.)

Rottersod 06-30-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rousso with the chk-raise and turn bluff holding 2nd pair, especially with the OMG OMG WHAT-DO-I-DO-NOW super long pauses was... donktastic. Annie Duke 3-betting all-in when Gazes minraises in position repping a hand that doesn't mind a call was... donktastic.

But hey, it's winner takes all so anything goes, right?

The only real players in this lineup are Kaplan, Gazes, and Lederer (though he hasn't been in too many pots).

[/ QUOTE ]

Gabe is not a finisher. If he wins this it will be because of sheer luck. I'm disappointed with his big stack play. I haven't watched the final episode yet but I think Howard will end up winning it now that he doubled through at the end of the 4th episode. But with the blinds going up quicker now (at least it appears that way) it could just be a crapshoot.