Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Is this bad??? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=438527)

Beesnuts 06-28-2007 11:17 PM

Is this bad???

villian is 50/7.5/1 over 40 hands

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $16.95
BB: $8.95
UTG: $3.75
Hero (MP): $10.00
CO: $4.00
BTN: $3.50

CO posts $0.10
Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.00</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.20) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.20) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $7.50</font>, Hero calls all-in for $7.50

River: ($20.20) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $20.20 ($2 Rake)

ajmargarine 06-28-2007 11:20 PM

Re: Is this bad???

Nope. Looks fine.

When someone overbets--sometimes--it's a go away bet, I'll scare you away with a big bet...it's how bad players think. With that factor introduced because of his overbet, getting ai is OK IMO. Although it will be QQ+ enough to make this a pretty marginal EV spot.

Beesnuts 06-28-2007 11:23 PM

I feel like I find myself in this spot a lot. I know that my hand is pretty vulnerable, but I just dont think I can toss this hand at this level

Beesnuts 06-28-2007 11:26 PM

I put it into poker stove and set his range to AKs,AKo,QQ+,TT-99...and it came out to 52/48 me ahead

creamfillin 06-28-2007 11:31 PM

I'm pretty sure this is fold - tight PF raising range/passive he's going to show up with QQ+ a bunch here

Restlys 06-28-2007 11:57 PM

Id reraise PF, makes AK and pocket 10 fold...Pocket Q K A will shove and you can fold...hes OOP and reraises your UTG +1 5x raise( which i always attribute more strengh towards cuz its not 4x like everyone) but thats just me.

in your postition id also rr flop cuz alot of players will cbet on that kind of flop hoping you played AK AQs and make you fold..in this case hed prob RR AI on flop, in which case you would have to fold.

I just dont think you have the odds of winning this hands in the long run the way you played it so im looking for ways you can extract info about his hand the quickest way possible

Beesnuts 06-29-2007 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Id reraise PF, makes AK and pocket 10 fold...Pocket Q K A will shove and you can fold...hes OOP and reraises your UTG +1 5x raise( which i always attribute more strengh towards cuz its not 4x like everyone) but thats just me.

in your postition id also rr flop cuz alot of players will cbet on that kind of flop hoping you played AK AQs and make you fold..in this case hed prob RR AI on flop, in which case you would have to fold.

I just dont think you have the odds of winning this hands in the long run the way you played it so im looking for ways you can extract info about his hand the quickest way possible

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha, restlys, I was wondering if you were a 2p2er. Anyway, I certainly agree with trying to get the most info out of the hand in the quickest(and hopefully cheapest) way possible. I feel I should have raised the flop for sure and maybe even re-raised PF. He ended up flipping QQ and that was the end of that

Rollos 06-29-2007 12:58 AM

I muck it. I think that you are never good here.

jessyj07 06-29-2007 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I muck it. I think that you are never good here.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think so either, pretty standard at the $25 and $50 for me to call a 3-bet call flop and fold turn against most people. I'm sure most agree since I picked that up from 2p2.