Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   The first one didnt work, [censored] it Im firing another (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=437452)

GrandMelon 06-27-2007 05:31 PM

The first one didnt work, [censored] it Im firing another

Villain in this hand is a 40/10 donk. Stats arent over a huge sample but its been noticeable that hes no good.

I often noticed that a lot of donks c/r after RR preflop so I checked so I wouldnt get blown off my draw. After he checked the turn I was pretty sure he didnt have an overpair and wanted a cheap showdown.

Yay or nay?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP1 ($80.75)
MP2 ($183.20)
MP3 ($294.05)
CO ($19.80)
Hero ($200)
SB ($273.25)
BB ($300.80)
UTG ($95)
UTG+1 ($35.45)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $16</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $8.

Flop: ($35) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($35) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $24</font>, BB calls $24.

River: ($83) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $62</font>,

Johnes Benjamin 06-27-2007 06:09 PM

Re: The first one didnt work, [censored] it Im firing another

problem with donks is they make calls they shouldn't

maybe pot turn and bet bigger river cause I'd be afraid of getting a call from 99 or less. otherwise I think I'm just checking turn a lot, even with such a big draw

Jeff76 06-27-2007 06:11 PM

Do you really hate getting check/raised on this flop?

effang 06-27-2007 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

probably, because in all likelihood you're going for stacks with just a FD. i think it is very unlikely that you get c/r on this flop, and will not face a shove, or a big bet on the turn.

SABR42 06-27-2007 06:27 PM

Did he call you with AK? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Klompy 06-27-2007 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hate it, and agree with gm observation that donks love to check raise after 3 betting.

chicken10der 06-27-2007 06:32 PM

nay. from his pov, you bet a 3 and a 7 after checking the flop. you will get called down here ridiculously light too often imo. this is how those donks build up those big stacks that they blow in 5 minutes once people start actually hitting hands against them.

Mr_Donktastic 06-27-2007 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hate it, and agree with gm observation that donks love to check raise after 3 betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they LOVE to c/r after 3 betting then that means that they are doing it with nothing a good % of the time.

I wouldn't mind getting c/r here and pushing.

Edit: What can he call a flop push with except AJ, QQ, KK, AA?

FWIW as played I would think he has something like TT and might look you up often, so I don't really like the river bet that much.

Klompy 06-27-2007 07:13 PM

mr d,

obv if c/r'ed I'd be getting it allin, and I expect it to be +ev. I wouldn't like it though, because I think taking the free card against a donk is prob better. I might be wrong on this though.

Raised2Win 06-27-2007 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
problem with donks is they make calls
when they beat AQ

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, i think u are going to get called by anything that beats your hand, im checking this behind