Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   NL 1/2 Live MGM (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=436794)

grouchie 06-26-2007 11:01 PM

NL 1/2 Live MGM

Interesting hand that came up.

Guy in LP loses a big pot and pulls out 160 to add to his stack. Dealer announces 160 behind and then starts dealing.

I am UTG and I limp. Maybe another limer or two, but they are unimportant.

LP Guy who just rebought but has not gotten chips yet annoucnes he's all in and throws the 17 chips he had left into the pot.

Immediately me and my buddy (in a blind) ask if the 160 is in the pot and the guys eyes get HUGE and he starts protesting that he was only has 17 and the rest is for the next hand.

Dealer explains to him what happened, announces that the 160 is in the pot.

How good of a hand do I need to call his blunder?

Now if one of the blinds calls the All in, does that change how good of a hand I need?

Berge20 06-26-2007 11:34 PM

Re: NL 1/2 Live MGM

How big is your stack?

My requirements are lesser if I don't have significanly more than the max buy-in. Additionally, it does make a difference how many limpers there are behind you and between the All-in guy.

Thrahl 06-26-2007 11:37 PM

This would be an awesome angle shoot by villain if he had AA/KK.

grouchie 06-26-2007 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How big is your stack?

My requirements are lesser if I don't have significanly more than the max buy-in. Additionally, it does make a difference how many limpers there are behind you and between the All-in guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 limpers, very straight forward players. Raise big hands, limp bad hands trying to hit something big.

I do not think eithor of them have enough gamble in them to call this bet without a huge hand.

Only guy I think is going to call is a blind, and i"ll know that before it gets to me.

I've got about a 150 or so.. his push covers me .

Mr_Donktastic 06-26-2007 11:47 PM

Probably like any 2 broadway and 55+?

He could really have anything in this spot. Or it could be a sick angle shoot.

KurtSF 06-27-2007 01:19 AM

I was going to say any pair or any 2 face cards, but I think Mr. Donktastic's range is better.

grouchie 06-27-2007 01:26 AM

When I was thinking of it spur of the moment I figure'd any Med pair and up, any ace, 2 face....

I know a big ace is a no brainer, but if he is doing this with mostly any 2, i figure'd that any ace would be good as well.

Results, my buddy called, and I called as well.
I had A2 of hearts, the 2nd best hand, but I sucked out by hitting a straight.

My buddy was very pissed at me for calling after he called (he was allready stuck 2 buy-ins or so)

Javanewt 06-27-2007 09:13 AM

Not to be results oriented, since we know the results, but out of curiosity, what did your buddy have? What did the poor raiser have? (Not that I feel sorry for him.) Just interested to see what people do this with, and what your buddy's calling range was.

Berge20 06-27-2007 09:20 AM

Curious why you called after another player did with a hand that is is at best going to be 60/40 ahead.

Seems to me our range has to tighten up considerably once someone else jumps into the action, no?

CazicT 06-27-2007 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably like any 2 broadway and 55+?

He could really have anything in this spot. Or it could be a sick angle shoot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems too small, I mean the guy was getting more chips so he wasn't on his way out the door and just throwing his money in on a complete gamble.

I don't think he could have ANYTHING, though his range is probably not that tight and since he looked geniunely surprised that he risked so much it seems like his cards are on the modest side, but I wouldn't think they are THAT modest.

We aren't getting great odds on this call so we want to be above the middle of his range which I estimate is slightly looser than normal, but probably is made up of only hands that run good hot and cold.

So I would want maybe AT+ or 88+. Once another person calls the all-in I would tighten up even more and probably want AK or JJ+.