Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   ($114) A couple weird bubble spots. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=436692)

Pudge714 06-26-2007 09:02 PM

($114) A couple weird bubble spots.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t2485)
Button (t2710)
SB (t5860)
Hero (t2445)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to t900</font>,Hero?

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t200 with t25 antes (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t4680)
Button (t4010)
Hero (t855)
BB (t3955)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">CO raises to t400</font>, Button calls t400,Hero?,

Villains are retards, but not retards as in will stack off with any pair postflop.

skiier04 06-26-2007 09:04 PM

Re: A couple weird bubble spots.

Hand 1 has to be a push, I think I can find a fold in hand 2 and wait to get in with some FE

holy32 06-26-2007 09:19 PM

I push hand 1. Villain has to be raising pretty tight for it to be -EV and his 6xbb raise screams "don't call".

In hand 2 I also think a fold is okay if villains are stupid enough to tangle with hero so short.

lacky 06-26-2007 09:45 PM

donno, these dont seem weird, but maybe I dont think enough. fwiw I'd shove both of these with nothing more than a glance.

RRizGod 06-26-2007 10:14 PM

you have like no FE in either hand.

Probably both folds.

lacky 06-26-2007 10:26 PM

in hand 2 he posted 125 of his 855. next hand he will have 705 chips, 400 in the pot already. if he shoves, it will cost 505 chips to call a pot with 1105 chips in it. if he passes that hand and shoves utg it will be even worse. He has no fold equity period. He is unlikely to get a better hand, and will have less chips each time and therefor doubling will have less effect.

I guess I dont really understand the point of waiting here. Please explain what you are waiting for.

ryanghall 06-26-2007 11:39 PM

Hand 1 is an easy push to me.

Hand 2 this sounds/looks bad but I think I'd call, getting very good odds with a hand with potential. Yes I realize you don't have many chips left if you decide to fold postflop. If the flop was really low/innocent I'd push the flop. If not and I missed, I could check/fold and hope they get into a pissing contest (which is possible on the types of flops I'd be c/folding here). Calling also bloats the pot a little which could make their bets bigger on later streets if they both hit something. Plus you have A9s which isn't bad.

KoreanBuffet 06-26-2007 11:47 PM

Ya hand 1 it seems like he is raising large to take away your FE, still I dont think I mind getting all my chips in with AK. Hand 2 is really errrrrr, you have no FE if you shove here so if i believe the CO will fold the next hand to me on the button and I'd just wait to shove ATC there.

Pudge714 06-27-2007 04:39 PM

Just so you realize in hand 1 if he is shoving 100% it is a fold. The only reason I reshoved is because I think I have FE and I think his range is heavily weighted to Ax and Kx.

I still think two is a shove, but don't have much to back that up with.

Chipchucker5 06-27-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just so you realize in hand 1 if he is shoving 100% it is a fold. The only reason I reshoved is because I think I have FE and I think his range is heavily weighted to Ax and Kx.

I still think two is a shove, but don't have much to back that up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, if he's pushing 22+,A2+,K2+, it's a call (hand 1). I know it's a weird range but I just wanted to throw that out there. But as you said Pudge, I definitely think you have FE here which I would think swings it to a push.