Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   nice fold or donk fold? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=436623)

Montrealcorp 06-26-2007 07:47 PM

nice fold or donk fold?

hi

villain vpip 38.48,PFR 7.69,agro 1
UTG+1 vpip 33.33,PFR 6.25,aggro unknonw

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero folds.

good fold?i just felt i was beat,they just like didj tcare about so much strengh i show that i had top pair...
they were both passif player wich just rang an alarm bell in my head

River: (9.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

RemyXO 06-26-2007 08:02 PM

Re: nice fold or donk fold?

UTG+1 probably has KQs or KJs, it's within range and explains the betting. Better King woulda raised PF.

Passive BB check-raising like this? YUK. He doesn't give a dang if both of you have a king in the hole ... 99 or 55?
Based on reads and actions, I muck.

JerBear77 06-26-2007 08:35 PM

*grunch*

Preflop fine.
Flop good

Sorry had to edit here because of C/R BB that I missed.....I would fold the river actually since he made this play into two people, he has at least AK, but probably he has better.

terencetsao 06-26-2007 09:16 PM

i would probably wait till river to fold.. see if the board can pair.. so i catch 2 pair or something.

Tim Brice 06-26-2007 11:28 PM

He is in the blind, so he could have a trashy two pair. How many hands is that aggro factor over? I have found that requires many hands to get a good read on how aggressive a player is. Did you have any other reads, besides the stats?

As played, I think it is a good fold. I am not sure if I could have laid it down though. It is a pretty good sized pot and you have position. You can call for the rest of the hand, and risk only 2 BB assuming UTG+1 does not spring to life.

OrigamiSensei 06-26-2007 11:40 PM

I don't necessarily have anything to add to this hand but I am noticing that you iso-raised an early limper with KQo. Now go back to your other posting about the hand where you limp early with AJo and you state some concerns about the iso-raiser's hand range. Iso-raising with KQo is fine here and it would have been fine for villain to do so in your other hand.

Montrealcorp 06-26-2007 11:49 PM

like i said:),when im in position im really agressif and the utg+1 plays lots of hands, i figure i could outplayed him in position.
and a raise here is good to make the blinds fold to get dead money in there and get it HU.
vs a tighter opponent i wouldnt do that move with KQ(unless he was weak-tight),i choose my opponent on my preflop play

tehox 06-27-2007 12:13 AM

Donk fold IMO

Point Blank 06-27-2007 12:27 AM

villain vpip 38.48,PFR 7.69,agro 1

if this is over enough hands I insta fold

marchron 06-27-2007 12:37 AM

Meh. It's not terrible, but it's not all that great, either. The flop check/3-bet is a set a ton of the time, and you're drawing to running K-K, K-Q or Q-Q to win.

That said, occasionally it's trashy two pair or Kx[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and you're right to call down. If both villains go to showdown against each other, you can pick up a read on the cheap. But if UTG+1 folded the turn, I'm going to showdown every time.