Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Sprint Mobile Internet Card (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=436037)

drunknpokerfreak 06-25-2007 09:12 PM

Sprint Mobile Internet Card

I was thinking of getting this service and wondered if anyone has any experience with it. Speed? Security?

MrGatorade 06-25-2007 10:53 PM

Re: Sprint Mobile Internet Card

I have one and use it as a backup incase Cox goes down and also use it while driving on long trips. Get the Sierra wireless AirCard 595U as its USB and REV A. REV A offers the better upload and download speeds and is very fast and latancy free for a wireless card. I used to be with verizon broadband but I switched to sprint and am very happy. I hate bots!!!!

-Crazy Mike (MrGatorade)

drunknpokerfreak 06-25-2007 11:44 PM

thnx for the info.....i hate em too

TheAnswer 06-26-2007 12:17 AM

what is a ballpark cost for one of these (i.e. activation, hardware, plan, etc.)?

im curious so i dont get ripped off.

PokerBob 06-26-2007 12:52 AM

i have a verizon card because dell sucks and changed their specs. i think the card itself was around $150, and the service is $80/month. i have a friend who has the sprint card, and he likes it. i think it costs about the same.

drunknpokerfreak 06-26-2007 03:43 AM

sprint told me that since i have phone service through them the card was free and the service would be $60/month

PokerBob 06-26-2007 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sprint told me that since i have phone service through them the card was free and the service would be $60/month

[/ QUOTE ]

that seems about right.

kcheel 06-26-2007 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have a verizon card because dell sucks and changed their specs. i think the card itself was around $150, and the service is $80/month. i have a friend who has the sprint card, and he likes it. i think it costs about the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob...may want to check with your local Verizon dealer. They are running a special right now in my market where anyone can get the Broadband service for $59.99 promo price, even if they don't have voice service with Verizon. You should be able to get that also.

BigGils 06-26-2007 02:27 PM

I have sprint phone as modem. I think it is as fast as the mobile cards, you can activate and cancel it at any time (no additional contract required), and it is only $40/mo additional on your sprint contract. You need a phone that has sprint power vision capabilities to get the higher speeds.

I am very happy with it.

hammond 06-26-2007 09:30 PM

Is everyone in agreement that Sprint is the best mobile card option? Poperbob what specs did Dell change that forced a Sprint to Verizon change for you? I was thinking about getting a Dell laptop, but would want the Sprint service if everyone thinks it is best choice.