Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   top set vs unknown whats the best line? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=436021)

jvans 06-25-2007 08:59 PM

top set vs unknown whats the best line?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $96.75
UTG+1: $17.70
MP1: $63.60
MP2: $51.90
Hero: $96
CO: $255.75
Button: $210.60
SB: $114.50
BB: $100

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, CO calls, 3 folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($16.5, 3 players)
MP1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $11</font>, CO calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($38.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $26</font>, Hero calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($90.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $43</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $43 returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: $90.5

no reads he just sat down... would it go on the turn have been a better line against an unknown? comments on all street welcome

Chaos_ult 06-25-2007 09:02 PM

Re: top set vs unknown whats the best line?

I probably just bet/call the turn.

oober 06-25-2007 10:57 PM

Pot it on flop, If you get a call, go from there, but I would still lead out with 40ish on turn.

How often does villian have flush here? Probable holdings sets,AdA KdK (unlikely), AdKd, AdQd, AdQx, KdQd. I believe sets are strongest poss holdings here. I'd proabably hope to get it in on turn still thinking I'm good.

Flat called by villian
River C/F

Phresh 06-26-2007 12:23 AM

I'd bet more on the turn as it's very unlikely for any hand that connected with the flop to not pay off a full bet. Building the pot early on will also make it easier to stack an opponent later. I'd bet $14 at least.

On the turn I'd mix it up between check-calling and leading, depending on the Villain. If the Villain is very tight, I'd be more likely to check. If the Villain is a on the weakish, looseish side, I'd be more prone to bet and get value from the hands that you beat.

On the river this is an obvious check-fold. I think this hand is played well.

whisker 06-26-2007 12:54 AM

I am somewhat new, so would not mind a critique of my analysis, but ...

I would bet a few more on the flop.

I would bet the turn, probably about $35-$40.

I'd check fold the river.

-w

Phresh 06-26-2007 12:56 AM

You'd both bet the turn and check-fold the turn? A check-fold on the turn is alright if he shoved or something, you're only 3.3:1 to fill up on the river, so a call is almost certainly in order.

crunny 06-26-2007 01:13 AM

I would bet about $30 on the turn for protection and value

demon102 06-26-2007 01:16 AM

I play the same on the flop (bet a lil' bit more) then depending on villians floating %, bet, check call or check fold turn, is really player dependent for me

just realized there were no reads so in that case I like how u played it just a crap river

whisker 06-26-2007 01:29 AM

Whoops, that should have read I would bet the turn and check-fold the river. So much for proof reading. I edited my original response.

But that got me thinking. If it was a small enough bet I would be tempted to call the river. I'd be very tempted to call something something smaller than half the pot, and would be alot more prone to do it if I did not know the other player.

-w