Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   2/5NL Overpair facing a river c/r deep (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=434766)

Kala1928 06-24-2007 10:53 AM

2/5NL Overpair facing a river c/r deep

Me and villain have been playing for a few hours on a few tables. Ive owned him by calling his bluffs a couple of times. Once I bet a J93 2-tone flop with KK and check snapcalled his pot sized bets on turn and river (J9322), flush missed. He had T8o. He is sorta semilag. I've rereised him a lot and lately he has started folding to my 3bets.

Effective stacks are 1050$.

Villain opens utg to 17.25$, random guy calls, I call with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] because we are deep and I don't want to play a reraised pot so deep. Rest fold.

Flop comes 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Pot is 60$

Villain leads for 45$, random guy folds. I raise to 128$, villain thinks for a while and calls.

Turn is (3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Pot is 316$

Villain checks pretty fast, I check behind.

River is (3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain thinks for a while and checks, I bet the pot 316$. He instantly goes all-in for 904$ (588$ more). I call.

Who likes?

HERE_2_gamble_ 06-24-2007 11:02 AM

Re: 2/5NL Overpair facing a river c/r deep

I dont like raising flop

DeeJ 06-24-2007 11:51 AM

i think he has 33 or 66

Kala1928 06-24-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think he has 33 or 66

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would anyone check a full house on the river?

Laetus 06-24-2007 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think he has 33 or 66

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hope you VB worse or bluff. Besides I don't like the call, b/c I don't see villains bluffing in this spot very often.

RiverHebrew2 06-24-2007 01:00 PM

I'd bet/fold turn. Though you're probably getting correct odds on the river, what is he shoving that's worse? I don't think this is a good spot for him to bluff at all... It's hard to think he has 4x in his range. I would say he has 99 or A4s.

johnnyrocket 06-24-2007 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think he has 33 or 66

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i cant imagine him not leading the river with a strong hand after u check the turn. This is almost always a bluff here. He wouldnt be doing this with a high pair and he wouldnt have checked a boat on the river, i snap call this.

wdead 06-24-2007 01:30 PM

Are you guys kidding. How can anyone NOT check a full house after hero checks turn. Either hero raised flop light and isnt calling a VB, or he has a hand that he will call a VB with, but also bet himself if checked to...

jlocdog 06-24-2007 01:37 PM

Do you only want to play AA/KK for a reraised pot when this deep? Once the original raiser gets a caller, you need to repop this to either get HU or take it down right there. This will also help in broadening your 3bet range.

FGators 06-24-2007 02:26 PM

I don't get your statements. Seems like a contradiction to me. You fear 3 betting preflop because you feel that you don't want to play a big pot but then you go ahead and raise the flop.

Explain.