Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   I has the Ace, I is all ins (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=434302)

ActionJeff 06-23-2007 06:16 PM

I has the Ace, I is all ins

no reads on villain except hes not a regular and is playing 17/12/3 over 150 hands

Seat 1: Op_Dinner_Out ($1,444.25)
Seat 2: MoneyB517 ($1,114)
Seat 3: ActionJeff ($3,508.60)
Seat 5: ORIONF ($1,137)
Seat 6: alexkush ($250)
ORIONF: cant do itnb
MoneyB517 posts the small blind of $5
ActionJeff posts the big blind of $10
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ActionJeff [Ah Ts]
ORIONF folds
alexkush has 15 seconds left to act
alexkush folds
Op_Dinner_Out raises to $35
MoneyB517 folds
ActionJeff calls $25
*** FLOP *** [Ad Qs 6c]
ActionJeff checks
Op_Dinner_Out bets $58
ActionJeff calls $58
*** TURN *** [Ad Qs 6c] [9s]
ActionJeff checks
Op_Dinner_Out has 15 seconds left to act
Op_Dinner_Out bets $144
ActionJeff calls $144
*** RIVER *** [Ad Qs 6c 9s] [4s]
ActionJeff checks
Op_Dinner_Out has 15 seconds left to act
Op_Dinner_Out bets $230
ActionJeff has 15 seconds left to act
ActionJeff raises $3041.60 to $3,508.60 and is all-in

ActionJeff 06-23-2007 06:17 PM

Re: I has the Ace, I is all ins

and just fyi I very rarely check raise rivers especially at these stakes. That being said villain hasn't played with me in all likelihood so there isn't really any past history or meta-game to worry about

RollinHand 06-23-2007 06:38 PM

Easy answer is folding the turn, doubt he bet anything worse then AT here. Maybe Axs which just got there on the river :-----o

Doesn't look like a good spot too bluff at all, would he really fold A6 here? What are you repping here? Backdoor flush? I'm not sure how much I should take this in to consideration but I would like this more if I had the ace of spades.

wpr101 06-23-2007 06:44 PM

I don't really like the turn call that much. Given villian's stats he is probably not double barrel bluffing that often there. Basically he has AJ/AQ/AK too often that or a better hand.

king_of_drafts 06-23-2007 07:42 PM

Heh, villain actually is kind of a reg, surprised you haven't played vs him. He's a pretty bad one, too. Probably the worst type of opponent to do this against, he isn't folding many two pair.

Bill King 06-23-2007 08:01 PM

just hope he doesnt have the As b/c that makes this call a million times easier

AceCR9 06-23-2007 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heh, villain actually is kind of a reg, surprised you haven't played vs him. He's a pretty bad one, too. Probably the worst type of opponent to do this against, he isn't folding ANY two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

FBP 06-23-2007 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just hope he doesnt have the As b/c that makes this call a million times easier

[/ QUOTE ]

True, if he thinks this through, but against random nit it's not very likely to be considered.

On OP, i agree about turn being marginal at best (did you already have the c/shove on flush card in mind?).
I sort of like river c/shove, I think he'd probably bet more on river with set/2pair/flush, and without two pair i can't see this getting called ever.

d2themfi 06-23-2007 08:21 PM

His river bet looks like a straight value bet with atleast two pair, or some hand that he isnt folding, or a cheap bluff attempt. Against either of these flat calling the river is the best. Also i agree that a turn fold is probably best unless this guy two barrels really often

Edit: Also i meant that flat calling the river>raising all in. i didnt mean that it was the best option

wpr101 06-23-2007 08:39 PM

Wow, I didn't even see that you CR'd allin on my first read... I thought you check called.

I'm not familiar with villian but from his stats I think he would slow down on one of the streets a good portion of the time if he had just one pair. Like others have said he is going to be hard pressed to fold anything better than one pair which I why I don't like it all that much.