Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Kirby hand from Canterbury (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=434285)

Justin A 06-23-2007 05:49 PM

Kirby hand from Canterbury

Playing in a tough 30 game at CP with a couple of soft spots and some players that play better than I do. I'm currently in the middle of a bad run of cards and I recently spewed a bunch of chips on a bad bluff against Kirby after he bad beat me. So it may look like I'm tilting (and I was for the bluff-spew hand).

Some of the action in the hand may be messed up cuz it's been a while, but I don't think it should matter much for Kirby's range.

Anyways I raise UTG with xx, two cold callers including UIGEA, Kirby 3bets in like the hijack or so, folded to me I 4bet (5 bet cap), everyone calls.

Flop 332r. I bet and everyone calls.

Turn T that puts up a flush draw. I bet, fold, UIGEA calls, Kirby raises.

What's Kirby's range here and what should I be doing with my range? (I have AK and AA-TT)

MitchL 06-23-2007 06:03 PM

Re: Kirby hand from Canterbury

He has the same range pf w/ maybe 99 I would guess. I would call down w/ KK, 3-bet/fold w/ AA 3-bet TT since UIEGA is in bc he will never fold. Also,UIEGA being in the hand=you are probably smoked. Think Kirby would probably play pretty honest w/ him in the pot. Fwiw havent played many hands w/ Kirby but just what I have noticed and what has been posted here.

PokerBob 06-23-2007 06:06 PM

I think I'd 3bet TT and AA, and call with everything else.

Justin A 06-23-2007 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kirby pretty much always has to have 88-QQ here right?

MitchL 06-23-2007 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

am i missing something? Wouldnt he raise flop w/ alot of these hands w/ many callers?

PokerBob 06-23-2007 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

am i missing something? Wouldnt he raise flop w/ alot of these hands w/ many callers?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a perfect spot to wait until the turn with a hand like 99, as our equity will change dramatically.

jeramy576 06-24-2007 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a perfect spot to wait until the turn with a hand like 99, as our equity will change dramatically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed noone hit the horrid flop at all. So calling the flop would be pretty standard with that range

Vehn 06-24-2007 10:12 AM

there is no difference between AA KK QQ here he never ever has AA KK QQ in this spot there is no way he doesn't cap either of those 3 preflop.

MitchL 06-24-2007 11:49 AM

I didnt see that hero 4-bet. I thought he just called. I think villain has exactly TT. I think hero raising anything but QQ, KK, AA, and TT would be pretty spewy.

PokerBob 06-27-2007 02:13 PM

results?