Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   river (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=430111)

PokerBob 06-18-2007 01:44 PM

river

bellagio 100/200
a very good player and i disagreed here.

villain here i don't know too much about, although earlier he 3bet a MP open and then couldnt beat 65 on a board of KQ762.

i open in ep with KK, villan calls in sb, bb calls.

flop 752r
sb bets, bb folds, i raise, sb calls.

turn: 6
sb check, i bet, sb calls.

river: 3
sb checks, i..............

New2NL 06-18-2007 01:49 PM

Re: river

Bet??? Fold to raise

Scary_Tiger 06-18-2007 02:32 PM

Bet/call and bring back a better read next time.

Also, describing the previous hand and what you know about MP more fully would help too.

New2NL 06-18-2007 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet/call and bring back a better read next time.

Also, describing the previous hand and what you know about MP more fully would help too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it really a clear call? the bet is easy. But does he raise this with something you beat? if so why would he not do it on the turn?

bicyclekick 06-18-2007 02:43 PM

It depends what kind of person he/she is in my opinion. There are a lot of vegas people that will almost never raise you on a bluff here, but also given you're going to be there for a number of days in a row, often playing with the same people, call now and work from there. In a vacuum it's to a fold, but it's not really a big deal and seeing showdowns in those types of games is good.

I mean, ace 4 or pocket 4's seems like hands these guys would play like that and they are generally not the type to all of a sudden get creative on the river if they had something like T8 and picked up a bigger draw on the turn.

Still though, should call this time.

floppynuts92 06-18-2007 07:37 PM

Id bet out.

AlexSem 06-18-2007 09:26 PM

While I'm really confused what he's holding... I think you still gotta bet it out. You'll be shown some lame A7 often enough.

Lestat 06-18-2007 09:55 PM

Bet. How can you not?

Mig 06-18-2007 11:42 PM

Vilain is a decent player (compared to the others live donkeys) from what I saw of him. I have played a few hours with him and he never got much out of line. For those who plays the 1/2 at the bellagio, his wife (asian girl) often plays in the bigger limit holdem game and she is pregnant I think.

I think vilain's range here has a lots of small pocket pairs and not so much weak aces suited. Bob was playing real tight and I don't think this vilain would cold call a solid player EP raise with some kind of small suited Ace..

I still think there is value to get here on the river from hands like 88/A7s but imo you gotta fold vs most here. In any case it's pretty thin value bet

MitchL 06-19-2007 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It depends what kind of person he/she is in my opinion. There are a lot of vegas people that will almost never raise you on a bluff here, but also given you're going to be there for a number of days in a row, often playing with the same people, call now and work from there. In a vacuum it's to a fold, but it's not really a big deal and seeing showdowns in those types of games is good.

I mean, ace 4 or pocket 4's seems like hands these guys would play like that and they are generally not the type to all of a sudden get creative on the river if they had something like T8 and picked up a bigger draw on the turn.

Still though, should call this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never played this high in Vegas, but have played against many of the 100 regular locals in the 30 game and you are right they do not get creative at all on the river. I would bet this 100% of the time against a Vegas regular-non 2+2er(wouldnt be suprised if he showed up w/AK, 88, 99 etc.). I would also pay off a raise for info purposes. Woudnt read to much into the prior hand where he couldnt beat a 6. Prob 55 or AJs.