Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Cheap Items on Ebay (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=429526)

PRE 06-17-2007 05:34 PM

Cheap Items on Ebay

I was wondering how some 'Power Sellers' on eBay are able to sell certain products at prices considerably below what they retail for. I don’t use eBay too often but came across a hooded jacket that is currently selling for $75 at the company’s website but is selling for only $45 on eBay. The seller has a perfect rating with over 1,000 reviews and sells only items from a few particular brands. What’s the most plausible reason for something like this being able to happen?

Beesnuts 06-17-2007 05:48 PM

Re: Cheap Items on Ebay

The person could be a rep for the company and they have overstock of certain items. I'm pretty sure Best Buy as a corporation has an eBay account for this reason. A lot of other stuff is stolen, some people might get deals if they buy in bulk direct from certain companies

joey_joe_joe 06-17-2007 06:01 PM

Because retail stores have considerably more overhead than online sellers.

delta k 06-17-2007 06:58 PM

let me steal the focus here for a quick question- what are some good finds still out there on ebay? in my experiences lately it's a lot of big sellers and things basically have a going rate that, after shipping and bidding hassle, it's that much cheaper than just making the purchase at a store.

are there certain things/areas where ebay is a still a great tool?

PokerFox 06-17-2007 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let me steal the focus here for a quick question- what are some good finds still out there on ebay? in my experiences lately it's a lot of big sellers and things basically have a going rate that, after shipping and bidding hassle, it's that much cheaper than just making the purchase at a store.

are there certain things/areas where ebay is a still a great tool?

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot of things, cell phones, watches (more than half off on high priced watches), golf clubs, pretty much anything.

Zoelef 06-17-2007 08:22 PM

Gift cards / coupons
"International Editions" of college textbooks

Roan 06-17-2007 08:34 PM

I just bought a bunch of jerseys off of EBay for groomsmans gifts, got them all for 35-45 bucks (retail is around 120-150)

they were all shipped from asia but were US brand name jerseys so my assumption was these were coming to me from the factory via some (likely illegal) middleman

Paul B. 06-17-2007 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just bought a bunch of jerseys off of EBay for groomsmans gifts, got them all for 35-45 bucks (retail is around 120-150)

they were all shipped from asia but were US brand name jerseys so my assumption was these were coming to me from the factory via some (likely illegal) middleman

[/ QUOTE ]

If they're from China, don't count on them being real.

evank15 06-18-2007 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shipped from Asia = bad.

imitation 06-18-2007 05:01 AM

fakes from china and thailand are huge.