Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Forum Avatars (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=428918)

tubk 06-16-2007 07:44 PM

Forum Avatars

hello can someone tell me how i get a avatar under my name please, obviously its gunna sound like a stupid question but i cant fin dit anywhere, and sorry if this is the wrong forum, thanks for any help.

T-God 06-16-2007 07:46 PM

Re: Forum Avatars

just click the picture you want and drag it to the spot under ur name

NU Star 06-16-2007 07:49 PM

My Home>Personal Info: EDIT

tubk 06-16-2007 07:58 PM

thank you.

DopamineRelease 06-16-2007 08:14 PM

What about resizing avatars - I usually just try to guess a good size in paint. Is there another way to resize pics properly?

FatBottomedGirls 06-16-2007 08:41 PM

New protocol. When someone makes a new thread asking how to get an avatar, rather than explaining, they should just be given one of a mods discretion until they decide to either use the search function or figure it out assuming they're not retarded.

StevieG 06-17-2007 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about resizing avatars - I usually just try to guess a good size in paint. Is there another way to resize pics properly?

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you make the image a square size, it will be resized well without distortion.

In Paint, while using the select tool, note how big the selection is by looking at the numbers in the lwer right hand corner. Make sure it is square. Cut, make a new image, paste.

NT! 06-17-2007 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
New protocol. When someone makes a new thread asking how to get an avatar, rather than explaining, they should just be given one of a mods discretion until they decide to either use the search function or figure it out assuming they're not retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

mason55 06-18-2007 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you make the image a square size, it will be resized well without distortion.

In Paint, while using the select tool, note how big the selection is by looking at the numbers in the lwer right hand corner. Make sure it is square. Cut, make a new image, paste.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh... this is how you end up with 1MB avatars.

plz resize to 80x80

StevieG 06-18-2007 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh... this is how you end up with 1MB avatars.

plz resize to 80x80

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, my bad

I was trying to keep it simple for folks who had never done it.

Should have just wrote

1) Make image square in paint
2) Use Ctrl+W to resize to get it under 100x100