Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   In the spirit of recent posts... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=426891)

vmacosta 06-13-2007 07:27 PM

In the spirit of recent posts...

Live 30 game at my local card club.

Nice Persian Guy (NPG) in this hand is a typical live player--too loose and passive but played enough hands of holdem to know the basics, perhaps even breakeven.

Way-to-loose Live Regular (WLR) in this hand is the type who cold calls 3bets w 85s pf cuz he plays in the game so much he can make "reads" and "plays" lol. He plays "pro" but I think he flirts with being broke on a daily basis.

I probably have an abc tight image, particularly since NPG thinks I'll softplay him and WLR thinks he's trained me into playing straightforward against him.

9-handed: I limp J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] utg, WLR limps behind me, 1-2 more callers, NPG completes from SB and BB raps.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checked to me, I bet, WLR calls, and NPG calls.

Turn is Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet, WLR raises, NPG calls 2 cold, I 3-bet...

The DaveR 06-13-2007 07:34 PM

Re: In the spirit of recent posts...

In most East Coast games you are flat out drawing dead if you get 4-bet, but I like it.

private joker 06-13-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In most East Coast games you are flat out drawing dead if you get 4-bet, but I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's impossible for him to be drawing dead unless someone else at the table physically shows him the 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] before burying them in the muck.

MitchL 06-13-2007 07:56 PM

Fine, I assume you are firing any river? You are thinking WLR is making a play no? Guess he is enough of the time that getting head up w/ the other sd would be desirable.

The DaveR 06-13-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's impossible for him to be drawing dead unless someone else at the table physically shows him the 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] before burying them in the muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah yeah 2 outs.

elindauer 06-13-2007 08:44 PM

I guess they only 4-bet K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] out there. You know that [censored] is getting capped on the turn, especially since, as strong as it is, it really doesn't want to get shown down.

-eric

SA125 06-13-2007 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I just don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

From Andy's post. So you do now? Me and you always throw rocks, so why break stride?

Anyway, you say WLR think's you're trained to play straight forward, so I'm guessing you have fe with him here. NPG is LP, so you think he has a draw and is folding river UI.

Based on your reads, I like this play better than Andy's because you bet the flop, it wasn't raised, TP paired and you're bet/3 betting. Strong play with outs.

cowboy billy 06-13-2007 09:46 PM

well, I wish I could add something significant to the discussion, but this seems like a sweet line to take given your reads, I can def see value in it, so I like

plays like this make the game fun

Fianchetto 06-13-2007 10:30 PM

In my opinion this is pretty spewy. At least one of them has a queen and won't lay it down.

andyfox 06-14-2007 01:36 AM

Neither of 'em did anything on the flop; wouldn't that suggest neither has a queen?