Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   On the final table bubble in a WSOP Event (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=426877)

rick_vaughn 06-13-2007 07:07 PM

On the final table bubble in a WSOP Event

7 left in Event #12, $1500 6-max. You are the short stack w/ 300k in chips. Average is 650k, and most stacks are 500k-900k behind you.

The other short stack is at 400k and he just folded in front of you.

Blinds are 10k/20k w/ a 3k ante. A weird thing about this tourney, is that, at 7 left, they combine for one table. They don't let you play 3-handed so they do this.

There's 51k in the pot to begin.

You've pushed all in quite a bit since you combined at 7 to build from 150k to 300k in about an orbit and a half. Once you flipped over AKs when no one called (some people have tanked on a couple of your pushes, showing obvious signs of frustratings but not being able to make thin calls for half their stacks.)

UTG and UTG+1 folds. You look down at 77. Do you push, or raise/fold?

*It should be noted, no one is really going crazy on final table abuse, and there are not many reraises or "plays" being made in general. Most everything is pretty straightforward at this point. The other players are not making thin calls but are gettng a little wary of my pushes.

*You are guaranteed 46k right now. If you make it to the final six, you get to experience a WSOP FT. The money obviously increases dramatically as you increase your place.

curtains 06-13-2007 07:12 PM

Re: On the final table bubble in a WSOP Event

Completely obvious allin IMO.

Cornell Fiji 06-13-2007 07:19 PM

Welcome to the forums.

I could not imagine that this is not a shove but post the payout structure and how many chips there were in play and maybe someone will do an ICM calculation

curtains 06-13-2007 07:21 PM

Almost zero chance that any payout structure will make this a non-shove. We have well under the amount of chips we'd need to reach the breakeven point of moving allin with our hand face up, by about 15k chips.

betgo 06-13-2007 07:26 PM

Could you raise/call, with the option to fold to a lot of action?

0evg0 06-13-2007 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have been shoving over and over, and then suddenly do something like raise 2-3xbb, your calling range should be even wider than it usually would be.

betgo 06-13-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have been shoving over and over, and then suddenly do something like raise 2-3xbb, your calling range should be even wider than it usually would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now your stack is 15xBB, so it makes more sense to raise rather than push than when you had 8-12xBB.

Exitonly 06-13-2007 07:42 PM

i think i like betgos line.

curtains 06-13-2007 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno I think allin is just too +EV for raising to be better. On bubble like this way too many people might do something weird like call and try to take it away later. Or reraise with something like JTs, which CLEARLY hurts you.

I think moving allin is clearly better by quite a signifigant margin.

ryanghall 06-13-2007 07:55 PM

A hand like 77 is one that will almost certainly play best all-in, IMO.

Ryan