Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   "Where are your cards?" (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=42684)

DeuceKicker 02-21-2006 03:12 PM

\"Where are your cards?\"

So the Ball and Chain let me retrive my cajones from her purse and head down to the Commerce this weekend.

Playing 9-18 for about 12 hours. After a limper, I limp with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] at a very loose table. Lady to my left raises. BB and limpers call.

Flop isn't great for me, but my abacus says I have enough outs to check-call, since UTG and BB are the type to pay me off if I hit. Surprisingly they both check-fold.

Turn brings a flush draw along with whatever else I thought I had. I check-call.

I miss my draws on the river. I haven't been paying attention, but lady PFR goes all-in for four chips. She had pushed some mildly crappy hands earlier when she was close to the felt, so I call with Ace-high. As she flips over her cards (she had paired a 6 on the flop or something) the guy on my right asks, "Where are your cards?" Apparently at some point in the hand I had folded and still called her bet(s).

Next time I'm going to limit myself to 11 hours, 45 minutes.

DoubleTwentyOne 02-21-2006 03:19 PM

Re: \"Where are your cards?\"

So, were all of your post-fold calls declared binding?

hfrog355 02-21-2006 03:54 PM

Please tell me you were drinking something...

DeuceKicker 02-21-2006 04:04 PM

Yes, all my calls were binding. I might have been able to make a case for getting my last 4 chips back, since I realized I had no cards before the pot was actually pushed to Lady PFR. But the table got such a laugh at the play that I figured it was worth the $12.

Unfortunately I cannot blame the oversight on booze. I hadn't had a drop. I had just finished a rather unfulfilling pepper steak, so maybe I can blame it on MSG.

hfrog355 02-21-2006 04:07 PM

Variance kills.

nh.

kross 02-21-2006 06:59 PM

It would really suck if you made your backdoor flush draw!

mrkilla 02-21-2006 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be really funny if you made your backdoor flush draw!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

youtalkfunny 02-21-2006 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After a limper, I limp with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] at a very loose table. Lady to my left raises. BB and limpers call.

Flop isn't great for me, but my abacus says I have enough outs to check-call, since UTG and BB are the type to pay me off if I hit. Surprisingly they both check-fold, but I went ahead and called any way.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my favorite part.

tom10167 02-21-2006 09:35 PM

This whole thread is amazing. This needs to be carved in stone, seriously.

DeuceKicker 02-21-2006 09:50 PM

That's nothing. I made some donktastic plays that would have had good players requesting a table change to come sit with me, had they been observing.