Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   AA on paird Board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=426652)

Lucky_River 06-13-2007 02:14 PM

AA on paird Board

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (15 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero ??

n.s. 06-13-2007 03:21 PM

Re: AA on paird Board

raise. Most players would slowplay a J here (or at least try to check-raise it), and you likely have UTG+1 crushed and drawing to runner-runner. Raise and get the money in now unless you are confident that SB will bet again on the turn.

KitCloudkicker 06-13-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise. Most players would slowplay a J here (or at least try to check-raise it), and you likely have UTG+1 crushed and drawing to runner-runner. Raise and get the money in now unless you are confident that SB will bet again on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw in a live game i disagree 100%.

live game, you should flat call this (and avoid investing too much) and evaluate the action on the turn. either one of the SB's callers could easily be slowplaying a J here, and if they raise the turn we get out cheap. this is the power of position against Bb and UTG + 1.

i dont play online however (where the games supposedely are different), so take this advice with a grain of salt.

TheCount212 06-13-2007 03:34 PM

wa/wb. Call.

KitCloudkicker 06-13-2007 03:44 PM

also the best way to play trip jacks here if you're the SB is to lead out IMO

KenProspero 06-13-2007 03:53 PM

4-way pot -- flat call.

n.s. 06-13-2007 05:18 PM

wa/wb doesn't really apply in a 4-way pot, although I suppose 9T is the only real draw out there other than 2-outers or runner-runner draws. Still, with three other players, all the weak draws do add up.

Yes, for SB betting out with a J is the easily the best play, but do we have a reason to think that SB is a good player?

I don't really play online, so perhaps these players are better than what I'm used in low-stakes live games. Maybe calling is the way to go.

BigBadBabar 06-13-2007 06:28 PM

ns, why would it not apply? either someone has a jack or they don't.

n.s. 06-13-2007 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ns, why would it not apply? either someone has a jack or they don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because with this many people in, you aren't likely to be way ahead of the whole field, even if no one has a jack. If one guy has 79, one has QT, and one has 55, then there are 9 cards that could kill your hand. This is a bit of an extreme example, but you get the idea. This particular hand is closer because no one can make two pair to beat us, but in general one pair in a multi-way pot is almost never way ahead.

Also, heads-up in a wa/wb situation, part of the reason that we just call is that we don't want our opponent to fold a worse hand, but with 3 other players it's much more likely that someone will call.

Lucky_River 06-14-2007 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raise. Most players would slowplay a J here (or at least try to check-raise it)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the same, but how says that the J must be at the S.B.? BB and UTG have allready called.