Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   NL25 - QQ Facing Re-raise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=426581)

Chicos75 06-13-2007 12:16 PM

NL25 - QQ Facing Re-raise

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($20.75)
Hero ($27.25)
MP1 ($38.40)
MP2 ($15.15)
CO ($16.90)
Button ($23.55)
SB ($16.80)
BB ($15.35)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($2.85) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $15</font>, Hero ???

crookdimwit 06-13-2007 12:32 PM

Re: NL25 - QQ Facing Re-raise

I think I call the flop rather than re-raise. An overpair may be good here, but it's still just a pair. Keep the pot small, since you're not likely to improve this hand.

As played, I fold to the re-raise. With his 3-bet, UTG is effectively all-in. He has about $3 left behind.

Unless you have some history with this player to suspect a bluff, I think you're beat here.

He bet the flop, you raised, he re-raised. I doubt this is top pair or just a flush draw. If he was drawing to the flush, I'd think he'd more likely just call the raise and see the turn. My guess is that he's sitting on 55, 99, 22, AA, or KK. I can't see too many hands that you beat here. Maybe A9h?

Fold...

Chicos75 06-13-2007 02:43 PM

What are my turn and river plays if I just call? Can I call psb all the way down?

CazicT 06-13-2007 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are my turn and river plays if I just call? Can I call psb all the way down?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't call psb all the way down because the villian only has 3 dollars left. Basically there are 2 options.

If you think he is bluffing or would get mad at you for raising him and reraise with something less than what you have, like jacks or tens for instance, then you push the remaining 3 dollars in, otherwise fold.

I tend towards folding unless there was something about my image or something i've seen in his play to indicate he would make a rash move.

Chicos75 06-13-2007 03:02 PM

Sorry....
I meant if I called the $2 bet instead of raising.
Can I then call down on the turn and river or what would my plays be?

Steelerman 06-13-2007 03:11 PM

I like the flop raise. He donk bet and you raised to find out what he has. Barring some kind of read you just found out...a set.

CazicT 06-13-2007 03:14 PM

Oh, duh, should've realized...

I don't think you can call a psb ALL the way down. Hands you beat probably wouldn't make a psb on the river for instance especially since this would basically be the villians whole stack.

A psb on the turn would be a big decision. If a heart came or an ace came, I think I need to give up to a psb turn bet. If he psb's in that situation i'd either be beaten or would have reversed implied odds going against me.

If he psb's in any other case, it would be a tough decision. Without knowing anything about the villian, I think I might go ahead and call, but that might be the wrong thing to do.

If after doing that he psb's the river, in any case, I think I give up. If it is a half psb on the river, again I am in agony.

machine 06-13-2007 03:45 PM

you gotta raise this flop is to drawy, after the re-raise id prob fold and look for a better spot. Did you have any reads?

Chicos75 06-13-2007 03:50 PM

No reads but I felt folding and calling were real close.
I'm ahead of JJ,TT,A9 &amp; a few suited overcards but behind 22,99,55,AA,KK

KurtSF 06-13-2007 04:18 PM

As played, fold to the re-raise. NH.

I think there is merit in calling too, as (before the reraise) you are ahead of his range and in position: let him hang himself. The downside is a lot of scare cards - A, K, and any [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Calling has a higher upside, but there is the possibility you'll have to dump it facing stiff resistance or a dangerous board. Calling is the high variance play, but not necessarily worse.