Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   inside the poker mind?any good (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=424852)

Montrealcorp 06-11-2007 02:23 AM

inside the poker mind?any good

i feel im about intermediate player and wonder if this book is for beginner or higher??and worht buy it since i will receive soon,psychology of poker by shoomaker??
ty:)

sorry btw is poker essay 123 worth it by mason???like i said i dont want beginners book i have them all(the principal ones:))

Niediam 06-11-2007 02:53 AM

Re: inside the poker mind?any good

IMO...

ITPM - Great
Poker Essays = Good
POP - ok

sethypooh21 06-11-2007 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO...

ITPM - Great
Poker Essays = Good
POP - ok

[/ QUOTE ]

Gelford 06-11-2007 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO...

ITPM - Great
Poker Essays = Good
POP - meh

[/ QUOTE ]

ILOVEPOKER929 06-11-2007 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i feel im about intermediate player and wonder if this book is for beginner or higher??and worht buy it since i will receive soon,psychology of poker by shoomaker??
ty:)

sorry btw is poker essay 123 worth it by mason???like i said i dont want beginners book i have them all(the principal ones:))

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are taking this game seriously you need to buy all those books and read them over and over.

smbruin22 06-11-2007 09:59 PM

IPM has had amazing reviews on this forum... probably IPM and HGIYL are the only two major, well-reviewed books that i haven't purchased...

is IPM worth it for learning about no-limit? i realize it isn't no-limit, just wondering if it will screw me up, or if i'll get something from it.

jfk 06-11-2007 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is IPM worth it for learning about no-limit? i realize it isn't no-limit, just wondering if it will screw me up, or if i'll get something from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

IPM is very specific to limit, specifically playing mid-limit games. It wouldn't screw you up, but most sections are very specific to limit play. Yes, you will get something from it but not as much as if you were moving from say, the 6/12 game to the 20/40 game at your live, local cardroom.

For the OP it is a very good intermediate type book if you are moving up the ladder in limit hold 'em.

Montrealcorp 06-12-2007 12:24 AM

ty:) very helpfull

BigAlK 06-12-2007 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IPM is very specific to limit, specifically playing mid-limit games. It wouldn't screw you up, but most sections are very specific to limit play.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a strategy book, it's a book to work on your mental game. For the most part it doesn't matter if the examples are from limit, NL, razz, or stud as long as you have a rudimentary understanding of the example. For example understanding tilt, what it is (the book's definition probably goes farther than your current working definition) and what to do to recognize it isn't going to be any different from game to game.

Poker Plan 06-12-2007 11:14 AM

Does the book focus more on the mindset of your opponents, or on your own mindeset?