Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Nuts on the turn, 3 diamonds on the river (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=423111)

JaneTheHot 06-08-2007 03:03 PM

Nuts on the turn, 3 diamonds on the river

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

Kurn, son of Mogh 06-08-2007 03:10 PM

Re: Nuts on the turn, 3 diamonds on the river

raise the river.

gobbledygeek 06-08-2007 03:32 PM

I hope this ain't too aggresive, but...

I 3bet the flop. As a pure guess BB is doing a continuation bet and UTG is raising top pair to see if he's good. But with about 9 or so outs (OESD plus backdoor flush) I think 3-way we break even on a raise equity-wise alone (is that correct?). So I raise and take my free card on the turn if I need it (people will usually check to a flop cold 3better on the turn).

Turn is obvious.

Given the action I raise the river. BB is probably making a crying call with two pair or a set. It seems unlikely SB would be 3betting the flop and then go runner runner for the flush; if so, I pay him off gleefully.

GfullofgleeG

chimpanzepoopdic 06-08-2007 04:40 PM

If SB is a decent known player I would possibly raise. Without any kind of line on the SB Im just calling here on the end.
I see this sort of play alot from novices in live low limit games. The guy has something like a KJ of diamonds in this spot and deceides to checkraise the flop. Then he backs into a good draw on the turn and and doesn't know what to do so he check calls. Then of course he bets on the end when he hits.

StrictlyStrategy 06-08-2007 11:52 PM

Without reads I'd just call. Turn-river line is just way too consistent with a flush.

Christian_Peters 06-09-2007 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope this ain't too aggresive, but...

I 3bet the flop. ... I think 3-way we break even on a raise equity-wise alone (is that correct?).

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly. It's true that we are 1/3 to get our str8, and we are putting in 1/3 the money, but we are also much more likely than normal to be out against the hands we fear, KK or QQ or KQ. The high possibility of these hands devalues, slightly, our draw. Also, the argument against 3-betting for a free river is that given the hand and action, you seldom get a free river. BB raises a bunch of limpers. Paint flops and BB bets, and gets raised. I don't this is a spot where you are getting a free card very often.