Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   $1.5K 6max TP hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=422576)

mlagoo 06-07-2007 08:56 PM

$1.5K 6max TP hand

Kinda weird hand from the $1.5k 6max today.

So I'm sitting with like 14.5k at 100/200/25. I've been playing very aggressively, probably like 35/30, possibly more. I think that's important.

Button is a middle-aged dude who just moved to the table about an orbit ago. He open-raised his CO his first hand there, hasn't done anything since. He has about 9k.

On to the hand.

Folds to me in the CO, I raise T7o to 600. Button calls, blinds fold.

Flop T42 with two hearts. I have no hearts (whatever I have top pair its the nuts!).

I bet 1k. He makes it 2500. What do you do?

stealthmunk 06-07-2007 09:06 PM

Re: $1.5K 6max TP hand

In before nath insists you shove.

fold.

curtains 06-07-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kinda weird hand from the $1.5k 6max today.

So I'm sitting with like 14.5k at 100/200/25. I've been playing very aggressively, probably like 35/30, possibly more. I think that's important.

Button is a middle-aged dude who just moved to the table about an orbit ago. He open-raised his CO his first hand there, hasn't done anything since. He has about 9k.

On to the hand.

Folds to me in the CO, I raise T7o to 600. Button calls, blinds fold.

Flop T42 with two hearts. I have no hearts (whatever I have top pair its the nuts!).

I bet 1k. He makes it 2500. What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

How can it possibly be so important that you've been playing 35/30 when your opponent has been at the table for like 5 hands?

mlagoo 06-07-2007 09:58 PM

Oh, word curtains. You're right. I just wrote "I think that's important" so I didn't sound like I was bragging about being a LAG or something... but you're right, it's not really relevant to the hand. So nevermind that.

curtains 06-07-2007 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, word curtains. You're right. I just wrote "I think that's important" so I didn't sound like I was bragging about being a LAG or something... but you're right, it's not really relevant to the hand. So nevermind that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyway how should I know what to do, I got owned in that tourney. Look at him, try to figure out if hes going to fold, and if you think yes, go allin [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]?

NHFunkii 06-07-2007 10:06 PM

sounds like a pretty easy fold, especially against a 'middle aged dude'

mlagoo 06-07-2007 10:11 PM

I wanna post my reason for posting this because I don't want to be all obscure and come in 20 posts later to be like "BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS?!"

so my thinking was (and i imagine aejones will come in here and tell me i got it all wrong, and i def encourage that if it is in fact the case) that this was a good spot for what aejones described as a two-way bet (i haven't read the post for a while, but i think this is what it was called)... like, i don't know this guy, so i don't know what he's capable of... but some % of the time, if i shove, he will make a hero call with 77-99 or whatever... and some other % of the time, he will make a hero fold with T9-KT. i thought his stack was just right for that to be the case, in both instances. i understand that some responses will be like "dude, this is a 1.5k prelim, dont think too hard," but i think thats oversimplistic if it means missing +ev spots.

what do you guys think about that? am i way off, and he never folds top pair? am i way off, and he never calls with a pocket pair?

just thought it might be interesting. ty for all responses.

Eagles 06-07-2007 10:14 PM

Mlagoo,
A two way bet against an unknown is absolutely horrible.

I'd either fold or call but I'm not sure which one it depends on live reads etc.

Bond18 06-07-2007 11:19 PM

I fold, being OOP on the turn here if we call is so difficult.

NoahSD 06-08-2007 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but some % of the time, if i shove, he will make a hero call with 77-99 or whatever...

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean.. 0% is a percent, i guess.