Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   $50NL: Learning to play position (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=419559)

avfletch 06-04-2007 01:33 PM

$50NL: Learning to play position

I've decided to spend a bit of time improving my game rather than grinding $100NL badly so I've dropped back to $50 and I'm making some questionable plays.

I've only been at the table an orbit or so, so no real reads. So first comment is this is too loose without reads preflop?

Given we called preflop we snap call such a dry flop right?

Likewise for such a small turn bet?

Do you check behind river?

As always, thoughts on all plays but please tell me WHY!

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $49.15
BB: $60.50
UTG: $56.65
MP: $35.30
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $49.25</font>
BTN: $25.20

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $1.75, 3 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $4.25</font>, Hero calls $4.25

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($12.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $4.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($20.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

muddydog 06-04-2007 01:41 PM

Re: $50NL: Learning to play position

I'm never calling this hand from an UTG raiser, too likely to be dominated. I'd rather have a suited 9 10 than K 10.

Rainshine 06-04-2007 01:51 PM

His UTG raise screams strength, I wouldn't be surprised to see him have AK, KQ, KJ here. I would fold preflop.

Besides that I honestly play it the same.

KEW 06-04-2007 01:57 PM

Post flop is fine..PF I would never call an UTG raise w/KT absent a read...KT is too easily dominated...

SwingVelvet 06-04-2007 02:03 PM

I play this the same way every street, but I make sure I don't commit much with just top pair.

I'm mainly playing it for flush/straight value

I don't really like the flop bet... sometimes I might min raise there for pot control/free turn.

bozzer 06-04-2007 02:30 PM

pf is bad readless.

I'd call flop - it's dry, we have a mediocre hand IP, we can't raise for value, let's not bloat the pot etc.

Turn I might raise - I don't mind ending the hand now rather than face a big bet on the river (I hate that line). It seems likely we have the best hand, but I don't want to play a guessing game on the river. Information raise, but it does stop villain making a mistake against us. Calling is purer but higher variance.

River easy check IMO. I can't see him having or calling with &lt;K6.

Upgrade_U 06-04-2007 02:40 PM

Calling with such marginal hand is bad, you will probably either get outkicked or just have to give up postflop.
check behind on the river, your hand has no real showdown value unless villain was 2nd barreling you which they hardly ever do.

shutupladge 06-04-2007 03:01 PM

seems fine, other than the loose call preflop.

21SuicideKing21 06-04-2007 03:05 PM

Yeah seems fine besides PF call. I think besides calling with this PF, you should be RR with the good position you have unless you know that this player is tight.

tiger_hall 06-04-2007 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah seems fine besides PF call. I think besides calling with this PF, you should be RR with the good position you have unless you know that this player is tight.

[/ QUOTE ]