Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Alright, so what's the latest deal on WSOP event registration (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=419305)

teddyFBI 06-04-2007 03:44 AM

Alright, so what\'s the latest deal on WSOP event registration

I've been trying to follow all the threads, but there's too many to keep straight, so was hoping to get solid info here. I am going to vegas in mid-june and am planning on playing 5 or 6 events. I have not pre-registered for any of them.

1. First off, my understanding is that Harrah's has done away with ALL online pre-registration, so the only way to register is in person, is this correct?

2. If so, how far in advance do they open 'in-person' registration for each event? e.g. let's take the main event, for example...can i already go and register/pay for it NOW?

3. What's the deal with these 4-6 hour LINES? I'm a little confused about just WHEN people have encountered them. Is it for in-person registration for the events? Is it people who have left registration til the last minute, and are trying to register the day of?

i'm a tad confused. hopefully someone can set me right.

DrawingDonkey 06-04-2007 05:40 AM

Re: Alright, so what\'s the latest deal on WSOP event registration

[ QUOTE ]

3. What's the deal with these 4-6 hour LINES? I'm a little confused about just WHEN people have encountered them. Is it for in-person registration for the events? Is it people who have left registration til the last minute, and are trying to register the day of?

[/ QUOTE ]

I registered for the $1500 limit event at about 11:30pm and walked right up to the cage and registered, no line at all.

ericicecream 06-04-2007 06:53 AM

They seem to have registration under contrl at this point. Was there tonight, 5 minute or less lines all night

The Camel 06-04-2007 07:38 AM

Does anyone know how many days in advance you can buyin for a tournament?

snewland22 06-04-2007 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know how many days in advance you can buyin for a tournament?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can register for any event whenever you want at this point.

llleisure 06-04-2007 08:50 AM

3 or 4 registration people in the registering area at 4:30am this morning, zero people registering for anything so weird hours of the morning would seem to be better than just before your event starts.

jfletcher 06-04-2007 01:45 PM

Can you also get your seat assignment at any time?

I am going for Event 25 (on June 15). Am planning to arrive at the Rio around 8 pm on the 14th, and would like to register and get my seat assignment then, so on the 15th I can just stroll in at noon and sit down.

CincyLady 06-05-2007 12:24 AM

I have the same question, because I plan on playing in the $1,500 event Saturday, June 30th, and won't get in there until late the night before.

stevepa 06-05-2007 12:57 AM

Lines have been really short to non-existent recently, and you can register for any/all events whenever you want. Also, unregistering is relatively easy if you make a day two or three and can't play something you registered for.

jfletcher, when you register they give you your seat assignment and everything.

jfletcher 06-05-2007 01:20 AM

Thanks Steve, that's good to hear.