Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   TP w/ FD, I C/R big on turn, villain calls, Ace on river (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=419272)

rpr 06-04-2007 02:19 AM

TP w/ FD, I C/R big on turn, villain calls, Ace on river

Villain and I were playing HUs and then a third joined. Very aggressive game, raising and reraising. He was certainly bluffing a lot. Ten minutes before he raised all in on the river to my value bet and I folded. He was calling down big bets with bottom pair etc.

I couldn't put him on a hand here really. He raised PF, so its likely he had high cards. Thought he had a flush draw, a hand like K2/K5/A5/A2 or a small to mid pocket pair 33/44/77.

I have like $60 left on river.

Hero: $116.50
BTN: $125.75
BB: $110.50

3 Handed .5/1 ($100NL)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BTN raises to $3.5, Hero calls, BB calls

Flop: ($10.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero bets $9, BB folds, BTN calls

Turn: ($28.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks, BTN bets $15, Hero raises $28.50 to $43.50, BTN calls $28.50

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (~$117.50)
Hero???

ArgusSpets 06-04-2007 02:24 AM

Re: TP w/ FD, I C/R big on turn, villain calls, Ace on river

good post,

check and fold if he bets decent, i dont see a hand you beat except busted flush draw... but against that speaks he called your flopbet (which was potsize).

would love to hear other opps

Unknown Soldier 06-04-2007 03:10 AM

c/c turn or just bet again, don't know why you are raising. You have yourself in a really bad spot now, i think c/f is best

rpr 06-04-2007 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
c/c turn or just bet again, don't know why you are raising. You have yourself in a really bad spot now, i think c/f is best

[/ QUOTE ]
If I played this passive, I'd lose a lot. What's wrong with raising if you think you have the best hand?

Unknown Soldier 06-04-2007 03:20 AM

why do you think we should raise, not just "I have the best hand"?

rpr 06-04-2007 03:27 AM

I think most times he folds here if we raise. If I c/c the turn and the river is a high card, I automatically c/f? How do I know if he's floating me and has an A or K? If the river is a J or Q I check/fold?

I raise because I have the best hand. I think calling is bad. I want him to fold, but he may call with bottom pair thinking I'm bluffing.

EDIT: I raise because I have a lot of equity against his range. With the FD, TP and fold equity I think it's the best move. I understand c/c to keep the pot small but he had been overbetting/bluffing a lot on the river.

Unknown Soldier 06-04-2007 03:35 AM

so alot of the times he'll fold the worst hand, and will only play better ones. You are turning your hand into a bluff. Let him bluff. If he has been bluffing alot c/c river will probably be profitable.

rpr 06-04-2007 03:41 AM

Yes, I agree c/c river is best.

keikiwai 06-04-2007 03:42 AM

turn cr is bad, it makes the river super awkward when you miss, so if you do cr, i would do it all-in.... but i wouldn't cr, i'd lead again

you've picked up more outs, and you do actually have tp, which sounds like it is often good vs. villain

tarheeljks 06-04-2007 03:46 AM

c/c is best, but i don't think leading the river is that bad here.