Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   I was scammed by UIowaHottie (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=419005)

Black winter day 06-03-2007 06:46 PM

I was scammed by UIowaHottie

Well, what can i say?

I wanted to buy an Amazon cert and opened a topic about it in the zoo, she pmed me and said she has a 250$ one, we agreed on the 235$ price, but she (or he, don't know anymore) didn't want to send first, claiming "you have a lot of posts, if you scam me, noone would believe you".I tryed to convince her that i traded with a few people and it went smoothly, but she kept insisting and told me that she already traded with Shine and Bakes and they can vouch for her.

I checked her previous posts and they seemed a little weird, but i decided to pm them both anyway and if her story checks out, to send her 100$ first, she will send me the code and i will send her the rest and we agreed upon it.

Shine replyed that he traded with her (i checked his posts and even though he registered only a month ago, he had several strategy posts, so he seemed ok) and she is legit, so i have sent her the money after also googling her Stars username, to see whether someone has accused her of anything.

Obviously, i didn't get any codes, not only that, she is now claiming, that i scammed her, because she sent me the codes by email.
I gave her the email twice and in any case, i told her just to paste the code in the PM, if she did have it.
Without any response, of course.

I also recently got a reply from Bakes and he said he never traded with her.And i gave her the benefit of a doubt and waited for a long time (i transferred her the money yesterday), but got nothing.

Ano now she/he makes this weird post in BBV, so i am pretty sure i will never see that money or the code.

In any case, i don't want to blame Shine, maybe he did trade with her, but it was because his confirmation i sent her the money upfront and the whole thing seems shady.

Not a big money for me, but i hate the feeling of being scammed.
Good thing i at least didn't send her the whole sum.
Can't say i blame myself, i did check everything i could, but i doubt i will send first for any future internet trade with anyone.

Just sick, that someone would go to all that trouble for 100$.

Cliffnotes: UIowaHottie is a scammer, do not trade with her under any circumstances.

brendanb438 06-03-2007 06:59 PM

Re: I was scammed by UIowaHottie

All this trouble to save 6%? I don't understand. Why not just pay the full $250 to Amazon instead of getting cornholed?

-Brendan

Al_Money 06-03-2007 07:01 PM

owned

AntonHeat 06-03-2007 07:02 PM

Good for letting others know, I was sure that IowaHottie was a gimmick [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

ALLEN BOND 06-03-2007 07:05 PM

This is nuts. I posted a request for a loan till tomorrow. My whole bankroll is in cash and everything is closed today.

She PMED me saying she could help. I imed her on AIM and said:

"hello, this is allen bond from 2+2"
she says: james?
WTF???? Then claims she only has pokerstars, when I clearly said I need FTP.

She is still signed on to AIM, [censored] weird.

edfurlong 06-03-2007 07:06 PM

Oops.

Black winter day 06-03-2007 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All this trouble to save 6%? I don't understand. Why not just pay the full $250 to Amazon instead of getting cornholed?

-Brendan

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the reason.I pay ugly conversion rates twice when i buy with credit card and when cashing out.It's at least 10% juice just on this if not more.Plus, i wanted to use money from my br to buy books etc.Didn't think someone would go to all that trouble just to get 100$.And i did pm both guys she claimed she traded with.

teddyFBI 06-03-2007 07:16 PM

Lesson for everyone: if trading w/ someone who registered here less than a week ago, especially one claiming to be a hot girl on a poker forum, never send first.

BluffTHIS! 06-03-2007 07:32 PM

Bwd,

Next time only use a reliable broker like Idi the Nigerian. He can be trusted.

Black winter day 06-03-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bwd,

Next time only use a reliable broker like Idi the Nigerian. He can be trusted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you vouch for him?