Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AA - min c/r on somewhat coordinated board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=418706)

06-03-2007 12:33 PM

AA - min c/r on somewhat coordinated board

Hi.
I was new at the table, so i haven't had any reads yet.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG+1 ($5.64)
<font color="#C00000">UTG+2 ($4.48)</font>
MP1 ($4.95)
MP2 ($2.70)
<font color="#C00000">MP3 ($0)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($5)</font>
Button ($1.82)
SB ($1.96)
BB ($1.98)
UTG ($6.10)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $0.08</font>, UTG+2 calls $0.08, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $0.08, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls $0.32, MP2 calls $0.32.

Flop: ($1.34) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises to $1.5</font>, MP2 folds, Hero...

I don't know what his min-raise preflop means... Normally opponents at NL5 play draws passively, so i think chances are higher that he also has an overpair or tries to steal the pot.

Should I call on the flop to disguise my hand, or 3bet (i think folding is not the right play)?

munkey 06-03-2007 01:10 PM

Re: AA - min c/r on somewhat coordinated board

This is a semi -3bet pot so changes somewhat - I hate this situation in a normal pot as we usually slightly sWA/ WB.

Preflop vs a min raise donk I often 3bet properly as if they had normally PFRed to 0.65ish and esp @ FR when I used to play it. U can try the FR forum for better replies too.

On this flop and vs an unknown he likely has 77+ and is testing so I would shove given pot size. If he's a donk then he can have fdraw/6x more in his range but given the pot size. I would bet ~1$ on this flop and call a shove.

Like you say folding is bad and calling with the intention to push safe turn is better vs draw part of his range but may get tricky on a heart/str8 card turn + K/A are possible scare cards for tt-qq.

06-03-2007 04:17 PM

thx
yes, maybe i should've raised a little bit more preflop. a $1-bet on the flop also seems to be the better play. with the small flop-bet i intended to look weak and induce action. bad idea with this flop texture? A, K, Q would definitely not be great cards for me. but the majority of possibly turn-cards would not kill the action.

I think that calling on the flop is better than shoving, because most of the hands i beat would fold, wouldn't they?

Speel Posher 06-03-2007 04:23 PM

at this level, most people are not folding an over pair or a FD, i get as much money as possible on flops like this. i would not call here at these stakes.

Phenomenon 06-04-2007 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thx
yes, maybe i should've raised a little bit more preflop. a $1-bet on the flop also seems to be the better play. with the small flop-bet i intended to look weak and induce action. bad idea with this flop texture? A, K, Q would definitely not be great cards for me. but the majority of possibly turn-cards would not kill the action.

I think that calling on the flop is better than shoving, because most of the hands i beat would fold, wouldn't they?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that you should have bet more on the flop. But I don't understand your reasoning. What if he min raised your 1$ bet, wouldn't you feel like you're in the same predicament?

tarheeljks 06-04-2007 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
at this level, most people are not folding an over pair or a FD, i get as much money as possible on flops like this. i would not call here at these stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

push. i doubt he is folding his fd/overpair. you will definitely get paid off by TT/JJ here and if he's on the fd he's probably not thinking hard enough to put you on a big overpair that is stealing some of his outs.

vixticator 06-04-2007 01:22 AM

Put UTG+2 AI.

Also, full ring.