Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Is this standard or spewy? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=418687)

Daddy Warbucks 06-03-2007 11:56 AM

Is this standard or spewy?

No real read on villains habits, other than he's very donkish.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $266.70
BB: $156.35
UTG: $181.00
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $252.25</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $18.00</font>, Hero calls $10.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($37) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $34.00</font>, Hero calls $34.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($105) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $56.00</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $161.00

All_Inn_Aces 06-03-2007 12:02 PM

Re: Is this standard or spewy?

I m curious why we would call the flop and fold the turn. We arent trying to hit our nine, what I think the best reason is that an unkown donk probably woudnt double barrel in this spot with a hand we beat.

Nick Royale 06-03-2007 12:08 PM

I probably play it the same way. I think a call on the flop will keep him honest. Even though he's slightly short stacked 99 isn't worth felting on this board. His small bet on the turn isn't a sign of weakness since he will easily get all moneys in on the river anyways.

Edit: Some kind of better read might change it, I don't really know in what way this player is donkish.

iSTRONG 06-03-2007 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I m curious why we would call the flop and fold the turn. We arent trying to hit our nine, what I think the best reason is that an unkown donk probably woudnt double barrel in this spot with a hand we beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a v. bad way to think about poker. The logic "we called the flop &amp; nothing has changed on the turn so we should call the turn" is fallacious.

On the flop we call because chances are that we're good. When he fires again on the turn an argument can be made that we are not good as often as we were on the turn (according to the information we had on the flop vs. the information we have now).

Daddy Warbucks 06-03-2007 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: Some kind of better read might change it, I don't really know in what way this player is donkish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just standard donk stuff, open limping, calling a lot of raises, min 3 betting pf.

duckyfuzz 06-03-2007 12:13 PM

I just chuck it on the flop.

fees 06-03-2007 12:26 PM

definitly dont chuck the flop if you are calling prf... as played just fold, we dont have enough information to continue

Womble 06-03-2007 12:44 PM

What was your reason for calling PF?

Does that help you with the flop?