Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   wa/wb situation, anyone put in a raise? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=418325)

terencetsao 06-02-2007 08:29 PM

wa/wb situation, anyone put in a raise?

since villan raised UTG i put him on range is AQ+ and TT+. I flop top pair on the flop and i figure it is a either way ahead or way behind situation. Aganist AK and AA im in big trouble, aganist the rest of villan's range he only has 2 odds. I think if i raised villan will fold when he is beat so i just let him take the betting lead the whole way. Classic?

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 7 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4.75BB, 2 players)

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6.75BB, 2 players)

Results:
Final pot: 8.75BB

kerowo 06-02-2007 08:36 PM

Re: wa/wb situation, anyone put in a raise?

So you raised him for information on the flop and didn't listen to it. Or you had a read and didn't listen to it. When he donked you on the turn what did you put him on?

terencetsao 06-02-2007 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you raised him for information on the flop and didn't listen to it. Or you had a read and didn't listen to it. When he donked you on the turn what did you put him on?

[/ QUOTE ]
I didnt raise on the flop because i am either WA or WB. Once he donk on the turn again, i really put him on AK

kerowo 06-02-2007 08:42 PM

Ah, I misread pre-flop and flop. He donked you on the flop after you 3-bet pre-flop on an ace high flop. The lowest range of your read on him has you losing money to the rake when you split. I don't think I can fold this, but he is telling you he has at least AK here.

nerdking 06-02-2007 09:46 PM

you're giving villain too much credit. unless he's another rock we should add AT, AJ, 88, 99, 77--hell, any number of hands. This calldown is awful. Trey the flop as we're probably WA/WA.

kerowo 06-02-2007 09:58 PM

Nerd, where are you getting the read that this guy is an agro monkey with a stuck bet button?

terencetsao 06-02-2007 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nerd, where are you getting the read that this guy is an agro monkey with a stuck bet button?

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, and i probably will make more money by calling down anywayz

nerdking 06-02-2007 10:30 PM

I'm not getting a read at all, as terence hasn't given me one. He's raised. He's betting. That's all I know. Until terence can give me numbers, I put villain on "any two". I stand by my raise the flop comment.

kerowo 06-02-2007 10:42 PM

UTG raises, calls a 3-bet pre-flop then donks this flop and you put him on any two? What is your default read on people? Maroons?

akak 06-02-2007 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not getting a read at all, as terence hasn't given me one. He's raised. He's betting. That's all I know. Until terence can give me numbers, I put villain on "any two". I stand by my raise the flop comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. A standard villain wouldn't donk with AK. I'm thinking he has a weaker Ax than you. Raise. If he re-raises call and make a tough decision on the turn if UI.