Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   angle at cp (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=417434)

ship it pls 06-01-2007 04:16 PM

angle at cp

this is regarding a hand i recently posted: i raised 66, sb/bb call, 844 flop sb/bb check, i bet sb calls... turn 3, sb c/r me and i call, river he smoke bets, i call when river is an ace...
as i wait to see his hand he says 'i've got the nut'.... and pauses for a bit waiting (as if for me to throw mine away)... i was thinking about how the hand played out before i mucked my hand since he hasnt tabled his yet anyway, and he finally after sitting there for a while says 'nut...nut no pair' and sheepishly shows KQ... a few of the regulars give dirty looks and one said something under his breath and then the villain says 'what, i thought he didnt have a pair, so i thought i had the nuts'

- i didnt say anything, i finished my session and thought about it, but i was curious what others take on this is... especially since in the 30 game most players just muck when you tell them what you have without seeing it if you have played with each other a bit... any thoughts helpful

jba 06-01-2007 04:23 PM

Re: angle at cp

he's probably a scumbag. not for sure, but probably.

"most players just muck when you tell them what you have without seeing it"

absolutely no reason to do this.

PokerBob 06-01-2007 04:24 PM

pm me his name. and don't ever, ever, ever muck without seeing his hand unless you have a rapport with the player.

cgrohman 06-01-2007 05:52 PM

Occassionally I bet on the end with the nut low or something resembling the nut low or something that isn't the nut low but nonetheless is playing the board. When I get called in these situations I just muck and act disgusted with myself.

Justin A 06-01-2007 05:55 PM

More scumbag stuff going on at CP. That place is like a cheater factory.

PokerBob 06-01-2007 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
More scumbag stuff going on at CP. That place is like a cheater factory.

[/ QUOTE ]

how else can you explain your absurd 15/30 winrate?

sososoapy 06-01-2007 06:11 PM

villain sounds like al (40's, looks Filipino with a mustache, some times wears sunglasses). he mostly plays 15/30 but once in awhile will play 30/60. this guy has done that to me before, he's garbage, never trust what he says.

blindside 06-01-2007 06:39 PM

don't ever ever muck until you get shown a winning hand... you're probably a nice guy but you shouldn't count on others to be like you...

MitchL 06-01-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
villain sounds like al (40's, looks Filipino with a mustache, some times wears sunglasses). he mostly plays 15/30 but once in awhile will play 30/60. this guy has done that to me before, he's garbage, never trust what he says.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is def. an Al move. You gotta protect your hand, bud. I get really annoyed when players announce their hand and pause before tabling it. Wtf r they waiting on? Some are so stupid that they misread their own hand so you need to wait just based on that possibility, nevermind the angle-shot.

ProfessorBen 06-01-2007 09:28 PM

Protect your hand. Move to LC, BBV, or B&M plz.