Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Chau Giang is BUSTO!!! and other gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=41697)

fsuplayer 02-20-2006 01:14 PM

Chau Giang is BUSTO!!! and other gossip

i just got back from the commerce and saw chau not playing in the big game, but in 400-800 mixed games.

when i said something at the table, a vegas reg who i have played w before said that he had blown through nearly all of an $18 million bankroll. the vegas reg was visited by joe awada while we were playing, so i assume he has at least some inside info!

to those saying 400-800 or even 600-1200 are very high, understand that those are roughly 10-20% of the stakes that he was consistantly playing several months before.

anyone else hear about this??

also, david banyanmine (sp. ?) played for like 3 days straight at the commerce, mostly at the big game (2k-4k) and was reportedly stuck a million.

lastly, maxlager (max muller or something is his real name) is big online player who has been playing for 6 yrs since he was 15yrs old. he wired over a cool $1million to play the big game this past week and apparently he was cleaning up, even while playing doyle HU in mixed games. the last night however he played a long session in 600-1200, and was reportedly getting his ass handed to him. i wonder if he chose to sit out the main game that night bc ivey showed up that day??

thats all i got for now, ill try and remember more.

emil3000 02-20-2006 01:21 PM

Re: Chau Giang is BUSTO!!! and other gossip

Awesome stuff, hope some of the other 2p2ers there can chime in with more.

tom10167 02-20-2006 01:23 PM

That sucks about Giang, since that's like... their friend, I wonder how they feel about it.

Kneel B4 Zod 02-20-2006 01:27 PM

good stuff.

also, put me in the camp of "when I get $18 million dollars, I'm not working anymore"

I'm certainly not working at a job where losing all my money is a possibility

brandon 02-20-2006 01:42 PM

I was talking to one of the dealers at the bellagio last time I was there. He says he deals the big game a lot and he is an awesome dealer(so I believe him). I asked him who the donator was in the big game and he said Chau. The dealer also said the prop bets are where a lot of the money changes hands.

A combonation of a nasty downswing, tilt, craps, and prop bets could easily destroy a 18 million bankroll.

Chau wont stay broke for long.

NLfool 02-20-2006 01:44 PM

yeah that giang rumor has been floating around for a bit. 400/800 is hardly busto though.

ipp147 02-20-2006 01:46 PM

Woohoo.

Best post on this forum for ages.

Whats Chau's bankroll now then?

From 18m to ?m

brandon 02-20-2006 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Woohoo.

Best post on this forum for ages.

Whats Chau's bankroll now then?

From 18m to ?m

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlimited

A guy like that will have no problem getting backing, if he really needs it. Plus he can easily make 250k a month slumming it at 400/800.

Sponger. 02-20-2006 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lastly, maxlager (max muller or something is his real name) is big online player who has been playing for 6 yrs since he was 15yrs old. he wired over a cool $1million to play the big game this past week and apparently he was cleaning up, even while playing doyle HU in mixed games.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the kinda fat kid with the bowl hair cut that made him look like andy milonakis?

astroglide 02-20-2006 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus he can easily make 250k a month slumming it at 400/800.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, 1bb/hr for 10 hours per day, every day of the month is pretty easy.