Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   $33 5 Seat Turbo AK facing all in re-raise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=416841)

Hudson 05-31-2007 09:35 PM

$33 5 Seat Turbo AK facing all in re-raise

Is there anyway I can fold this. Villan had been involved in 50% of the pots but hadnt shown down a hand.

Prima Network No-Limit Hold'em, $200.00 BB (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

SB ($2610.00)
BB ($1475.00)
Hero ($1385.00)
Button ($1730.00)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]], K[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]].
[color=Red]Hero raises to $600</font>, [color=Gray]2 folds</font>, [color=Red]BB raises to $1675 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $785 (All-In).

Final Pot: $3160

pattay 05-31-2007 09:39 PM

Re: $33 5 Seat Turbo AK facing all in re-raise

this is a ridiculously easy call as played, i would definitely just push this instead of raising nearly half your stack though, not that it makes a big difference

hoyasaxa 05-31-2007 10:05 PM

you need to push this PF. period.

also, make sure you select "2+2 forums" when you convert your hand history

peterchi 05-31-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see why it much matters. In fact I think this could be better. BB might re-pop with something that you dominate, but might fold if you shove (AT, A9, maybe even lower depending on a number of things). I'll take an 80/20 over free blinds for sure. And I don't think the outcome changes with any hand that you're racing with. ok MAYBE he would re-pop with 3s but fold to a shove... I don't know. I think this is outweighed by my first point. But at the very least, I can't see this raise as being any worse than a shove.

And if he's bad enough to smooth call half your stack, I'm not too worried about getting outplayed on the flop.

peterchi 05-31-2007 11:18 PM

oh and yeah of course we're calling.

peterchi 05-31-2007 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see why it much matters. In fact I think this could be better. BB might re-pop with something that you dominate, but might fold if you shove (AT, A9, maybe even lower depending on a number of things). I'll take an 80/20 over free blinds for sure. And I don't think the outcome changes with any hand that you're racing with. ok MAYBE he would re-pop with 3s but fold to a shove... I don't know. I think this is outweighed by my first point. But at the very least, I can't see this raise as being any worse than a shove.

And if he's bad enough to smooth call half your stack, I'm not too worried about getting outplayed on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I also am, of course, ignoring the case of multiple callers. I think that's unlikely enough.

DevinLake 05-31-2007 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there anyway I can fold this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I ask you why you want to fold this?

Hudson 06-01-2007 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there anyway I can fold this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I ask you why you want to fold this?

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I asked the question was results orientated.

MORAL - Never post a hand right after a beat

Hudson 06-01-2007 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have used the only converter that I have found that works with Ladbrokes HH and I selected 2+2. If you know of a better one let me know.

ger664 06-01-2007 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have used the only converter that I have found that works with Ladbrokes HH and I selected 2+2. If you know of a better one let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try the 3rd one listed in the FAQ. It does a lot of the smaller networks. You have to register to use and sometimes play around with the settings.