Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   vegas - Poker Room Rate Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=416657)

MarkD 05-31-2007 05:31 PM

vegas - Poker Room Rate Questions

Hi,

I am planning on going to Vegas in July during the week of the main event (July 15-July 20), but I'm not playing, and for the first time I am considering getting a room at a hotel with poker room and eat the extra costs associated with that. I tried to do a little searching on this but have not been able to answer my questions completely. I am curious about poker room rates at Bellagio, Wynn and Mirage. Here are my questions:

- If the required time is 6 hours and I'm staying 3 nights can I play 18 hours in one day and not play the other two and still get the rate or do I need 6 hours every day?
- Does anyone have the current rates for these three hotels?
- Does the Venetian have a poker rate and if so do they regularly spread games in the 10/20 - 20/40 range?

If you have anything else to add please don't hesitate.

edit: I forgot to mention that I would like game selection. I know in the past few years that I have gone that Bellagio always has the most games going at 15 but through bad luck I have sat at some bad tables (also great tables). I found the Wynn 15 game to always have great tables but have only played a few times there.

CountStackula 05-31-2007 05:37 PM

Re: vegas - Poker Room Rate Questions

To answer your questions:

Yes, the Venetian does have a poker rate... $119 weekday and $189 weekend.

To qualify...6 hours per day (18 hours in one day will get you 3 days) or play in a Deep Stack II event.

And even though TT will disagree with me on this...they will have 15/30 and 30/60 running every day during the month of June

MarkD 05-31-2007 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To answer your questions:

Yes, the Venetian does have a poker rate... $119 weekday and $189 weekend.

To qualify...6 hours per day (18 hours in one day will get you 3 days) or play in a Deep Stack II event.

And even though TT will disagree with me on this...they will have 15/30 and 30/60 running every day during the month of June

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks,

Any info on Bellagio, Wynn or Mirage?

Also, I'm not going in June. I am going in July and I don't want a "possible" chance of a 15/30ish level game going. If I am paying $129+ a night for a room so that I have easy access to poker I want a garuntee that there will be a game (ie. the Bellagio, Wynn or Mirage). I like the Venetian and like the poker room, so I will keep it in mind. Last summer when I went I never saw a game bigger than 6/12 limit.

uclaben 05-31-2007 05:55 PM

allvegaspoker.com

afish 05-31-2007 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

I am planning on going to Vegas in July during the week of the main event (July 15-July 20), but I'm not playing, and for the first time I am considering getting a room at a hotel with poker room and eat the extra costs associated with that. I tried to do a little searching on this but have not been able to answer my questions completely. I am curious about poker room rates at Bellagio, Wynn and Mirage. Here are my questions:

- If the required time is 6 hours and I'm staying 3 nights can I play 18 hours in one day and not play the other two and still get the rate or do I need 6 hours every day?
- Does anyone have the current rates for these three hotels?
- Does the Venetian have a poker rate and if so do they regularly spread games in the 10/20 - 20/40 range?

If you have anything else to add please don't hesitate.

edit: I forgot to mention that I would like game selection. I know in the past few years that I have gone that Bellagio always has the most games going at 15 but through bad luck I have sat at some bad tables (also great tables). I found the Wynn 15 game to always have great tables but have only played a few times there.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the Wynn and Mirage, you just need an average of 6 hrs/day over your stay. You can break it up as you wish.

Personally, I don't like booking poker rates unless they are substantially less than the rack rate. There's nothing worse than waiting on a list for the one 15-30 table running at the Wynn when you know there are probably 4 better games running at the Bellagio. Also, if you have to wait 2 hrs for a seat, you might have to play when you don't feel like it. Life's too short. If I were you, I'd probably just book a room at the internet rate at the Mirage and have the freedom to play wherever, whenever. Just my opinion.

MarkD 05-31-2007 07:26 PM

What is the action like on a typical night at the Mirage? Remember, I'll be going during the main event so I'm sure the action will be better than usual, but am still curious what Mirage is like atm.

edit: Also, am I better off simply booking a cheap room at the Gold Coast and cabbing around like I usually do? I'm not a baller so I'm not into that. I was mainly thinking about doing it this way as a matter of convenience.

Currently I'm leaning towards Bellagio.

afish 05-31-2007 07:34 PM

I have no clue. I haven't been to LV in a year, and recent posts make me think a lot of mid-limit action is just gone. I don't know what impact the WSOP will have, either.

I like the Mirage, because it is a nice hotel with a poker room and is relatively close to both the Wynn and the Bellagio.

I'm actually going to Vegas in a couple of weeks, and I didn't want to book a room at a poker rate and find either no mid-limit games or 5 hr long lists at my hotel. Hence, I'm staying at the Mirage at the rack rate.

MarkD 05-31-2007 08:49 PM

Yah. You make some good points. I've always liked Mirage and had fun in their poker room but have never stayed there. I always get real cheap on my hotel rooms.

feelixthegreek 06-01-2007 01:51 AM

I just booked at the Wynn for July at a rate of $129 for 6hrs daily. I can't say whether it's a good poker decision vis a vis mid-limit games, but it seems like a nice place to stay for the $$$, and I like the room enough to spend the time in.