Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   KK overpair + FD against deepstacked megadonk (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=416399)

ciki57 05-31-2007 12:07 PM

KK overpair + FD against deepstacked megadonk

Villain is 63/20/2.5 and a total idiot.
Few hands ago he called 3 PSB bluffs with A3o no pair/no draw.
Then I stacked him when he called my ovebet push with top pair no kicker when i riverd the nut straight.

He kept playing an luckboxed his stack to around 240BB.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $111.40
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $274.40</font>
UTG: $239.61
MP: $93.50
CO: $98.50
BTN: $102.85

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2.00</font>, 3 folds, SB calls $1.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10.00</font>, UTG calls $8.00, SB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($22) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $15.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $30.00</font>, Hero calls $15.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($82) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $79.00</font>, Hero...

rakes.a.beach 05-31-2007 12:10 PM

Re: KK overpair + FD against deepstacked megadonk

I prob raise flop.

As played, I shove turn

Casper05 05-31-2007 12:12 PM

don't fold

terp 05-31-2007 12:14 PM

shoveshoveshove

ciki57 05-31-2007 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shoveshoveshove

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, just wanted to make sure, i didnt play this wrong.

I shoved and he called with 35 and won the pot

Sciolist 05-31-2007 12:16 PM

I am thinking raise flop. Against this guy, I am thinking "please let me get all my money in on the flop, please please".

Turn: This is pretty tough I think. I would be wanting to fold this against a decent player, but calling due to probablt flush outs or king outs. Against this guy, I think we probably have to be thinking we're ahead of his range and so pushing because it's hard to see him folding here now.

terp 05-31-2007 12:18 PM

you have 14 outs against 53 on the flop and 17 on the turn. keep in mind for a guy like this you're looking at the top echelon of his range. against anything but an ace high flush you have a great bit of equity

wrkingtobegreat 05-31-2007 12:32 PM

*grunch* against this opponent, call or push, but I would lean towards calling. We cant think his flop raise means much (he might just think we are betting overcards and he is trying to run us over). He bet after we checked turn, he could soo easily only have a queen/nothing here. As long as an non-heart ace doesn't fall my strategy on the river will be to get all-in and get called.

wrkingtobegreat 05-31-2007 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have 14 outs against 53 on the flop and 17 on the turn. keep in mind for a guy like this you're looking at the top echelon of his range. against anything but an ace high flush you have a great bit of equity

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so true. The retard is hitting a big lucky streak, nothing you can do about it. Always try to get all-in here, dont let that result change anything. It really is the top echelon of his range.

Sam T. 05-31-2007 12:59 PM

What is the thinking behind calling the flop min-raise? I guess it makes sense if you think he'll continue to bet on later streets, but in this situation I think I'm getting as much of my money into the middle as quickly as I can.