Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   .25/.50 6-max, river donk, laggish player (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=412341)

larm 05-26-2007 07:02 AM

.25/.50 6-max, river donk, laggish player

Villian is 70/20/1.6 over 100 hands. Ive seen him doing these river donks before, should i just call or is a reraise justified? I think we could be ahead most of the time

Prima Poker skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with :jh :js
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero Bets </font> , SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: :7d :5d :qs (2.5SB, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: :2s (1.75BB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: :8c (2.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, Hero?

Thomas Newton 05-26-2007 07:44 AM

Re: .25/.50 6-max, river donk, laggish player

Could you find a fold if 3bet?

I've seen a weak tp play this way plenty of times. He could be a bit wary behind your pf lead but trying to get value for himself and he doesnt want it checked down on a fairly safe board for his hand.

How much is your raise a punishment for him being a lagtard? How often are you genuinely ahead?

I really don't know what I do.

fretelöo 05-26-2007 07:48 AM

You chose the wrong converter settings. Second, the BB's are wrong. It's 6SB on the flop, 4BB onthe turn and 6BB on the river.

Finally, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ,..., I just call. Some ragged str8 just became possible and he might have a slowplayed queen. There might be some slight value in raising, but you'd have to be able to fold to a 3bet. And since I personally am not, atm, I don't raise.

Look at it from this point: All YOU cold have done was betting this river himself. With most that you beat, he should just have called/folded. His donk gave you the chance to raise - for all those times that you have QQQ or 69dd yourself, but still lets you make that bet which YOUR bet would have made you. Thus, he made a mistake because you can raise your true monsters - gain additional value - , but just call your decent hands, knowing that you didn't "lose" any value you were entitled to.

larm 05-26-2007 08:09 AM

sorry about the HH converter... i think you are right, but with an aggression factor on 3.41 on the river (sorry i didnt include it in the original post) i thought a lot about raising here... Anyway i dont think we could fold to a 3-bet and would a weaker hand call a reraise? probably not

Buzz-cp 05-26-2007 11:39 AM

..calls

NIX 05-26-2007 11:41 AM

You say you've seen him donk rivers, but you don't say what he does this with. I tend to call this unless I have a better read.

larm 05-26-2007 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You say you've seen him donk rivers, but you don't say what he does this with. I tend to call this unless I have a better read.

[/ QUOTE ]

you cant see the losing cards at prima

NIX 05-26-2007 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you cant see the losing cards at prima

[/ QUOTE ]
But knowing he's donking rivers with losing hands gives us more information.