Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   3bet this turn? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=412017)

BigBadBabar 05-25-2007 08:07 PM

3bet this turn?

villain is 26/2/2 after 220
is this a standard 3bet? what if i have no kicker? what if i have no trump kicker? what if i have a tiny kicker of trump? what if kittens?

1-2 donkmax
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO folds.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, hero ?

MacGuyV 05-25-2007 08:24 PM

Re: 3bet this turn?

I've never seen those stats before. I'm going to assume he's not a fsd raiser &amp; call down.

sharpie 05-25-2007 09:59 PM

I'd calldown. I'd expect Kx to usually raise the flop, and if he's semibluffing he should fire the river.

wackjob 05-25-2007 10:51 PM

I don't like 3-betting the turn, I think raising preflop sucks too.

imitation 05-25-2007 11:32 PM

The preflop raise sucks, call it down from the turn.

NinaWilliams 05-26-2007 12:27 AM

Im surprised that people hate the preflop raise. We have a pretty good hand, CO doesnt have a very good hand, and we might be able to get it heads up with CO.

wackjob 05-26-2007 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im surprised that people hate the preflop raise. We have a pretty good hand, CO doesnt have a very good hand, and we might be able to get it heads up with CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has a marginally good starting hand, and the worst position at the table, and anyone with 2 connected or suited cards just about has odds to call figuring they will be getting 5:1 before the flop. I'd rather not try to push some small edge with my cards by comitting 1.5 more SB's and then have to play the entire hand OOP.

sharpie 05-26-2007 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has a marginally good starting hand, and the worst position at the table, and anyone with 2 connected or suited cards just about has odds to call figuring they will be getting 5:1 before the flop. I'd rather not try to push some small edge with my cards by comitting 1.5 more SB's and then have to play the entire hand OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

By raising we'll often get it heads up, and we're not really commiting 1.5SB, it's costing us 1SB more than calling, and not even that when you consider we probably have an equity edge against an open limper and a random hand.

Olrik 05-26-2007 03:31 AM

to all those who do not like the preflop raise:

whats your range for isolation raises vs a single limper from the small blind?

wackjob 05-26-2007 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By raising we'll often get it heads up, and we're not really commiting 1.5SB, it's costing us 1SB more than calling, and not even that when you consider we probably have an equity edge against an open limper and a random hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

and yet, you ignore the most important reason NOT to raise here.