Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   suggestions for a new pc game? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=410576)

Jeffmet3 05-24-2007 12:38 AM

suggestions for a new pc game?

i have a lot of free time this summer, and I'm looking to pick up a new computer game to play.

I'm not up to date on what good has come out, but if you could suggest something similar to these games I would appreciate it.

Command and Conquer Red Alert 2

Empire Earth

Warcraft III

I also thought Call of Duty 2 was amazing but I'm not really looking for a first player shootung

I really liked the gameplay of Red Alert and Warcraft, and I thought the storyling/history of Empire Earth was amazing.

Also, having online play is a huge plus, although i never played online with empire earth.

thanks

jeff

Tokyo!! 05-24-2007 02:35 AM

Re: suggestions for a new pc game?

starcraft: brood war

Shadowrun 05-24-2007 03:05 AM

did you beat the frozen throne?

Suigin406 05-24-2007 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
starcraft: brood war

[/ QUOTE ]

it really doesn't get old

Corpsebean 05-24-2007 09:35 AM

If you liked Red Alert and haven't played others in the series check out "Command and Conquer: The First Decade"

It's like 30 bucks, and has every single Command and Conquer game made aside from sole survivor (which was stupid) and the recently released Tiberum Wars.

30 bucks for 7 games and 6 expansions, can't go wrong.

Suigin406 05-24-2007 10:22 AM

^^whew, that does seem like a good deal corpse

Jeffmet3 05-24-2007 12:12 PM

thanks for the suggestions, although if possibly i'm looking for a relatively new game although in similar genres to what you're suggesting.

i wasn't a big fan of frozen throne versus the original, and i've played most of the old command and conquer, just wasn't a big fan as i don't really like older game engines and graphics

also WCIII changed the way they did levels for online play which made it dumb. Playing high level games used to be a lot of fun, but now, it just requires people to play tons and you can't go down when you lose.

troymclur 05-24-2007 12:16 PM

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War and Supreme Commander would satisfy your RTS itch. DoW was made for Online play. it has 7 races that are very different from each other and are all insanely fun to play around with. Quality graphics without being too taxing on the requirements. Great game.

Jeffmet3 05-24-2007 12:34 PM

ok, does anyone play/have any thoughts on these games:

Command and Conquer 3

Supreme Commander

thanks,

jeff

Suigin406 05-24-2007 12:42 PM

^^have not played very much of cc3, mostly because i'm occupied with supreme commander among other things in life...commander is very good and there's a fairly big thread about it in this forum if u want more details on it...