Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha/8 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   The state of LO8 online ... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=410271)

Zim 05-23-2007 04:50 PM

The state of LO8 online ...

Hi guys,

This is my bi-yearly return to Limit Omaha 8, and I'm looking again at the full ring 2/4 games online at Poker Stars ...

The average pots are around 5BB, and the players seeing the flop around 30%-35%.

(Actually, the 10/20 games look looser)

I haven't checked out Full Tilt, but I suspect the games are similar, if not tighter. And I know Absolute is a nit fest.

The question:

Is anyone beating these games online?

It seems to me there just isn't enough action for anyone, even a competent player, to beat the rake. However, I have an odd fascination with the game (I can't explain it either), so I'd appreciate anyone telling me otherwise.

Cheers!
Z.

wackjob 05-23-2007 06:27 PM

Re: The state of LO8 online ...

I don't play anything lower than 5/10, but there are many very good, beatable games available for LO8. No, I'm not going to tell you when & where I play, but anyone who puts in a little time can find juicy games.

SamC489 05-23-2007 07:50 PM

There are good games all evening on stars. I play plo8 though.

1MoreFish4U 05-23-2007 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And I know Absolute is a nit fest.

The question:

Are you just out of the loony bin? Absolute is filled with a bunch of loose maniacs that think they are playing holdem - most tables have an average vpip of over 35 % - many over 40%, and all of these 'nits' (you are using the word incorrectly), will call down with top pair, 7th nut flush draw, 4th nut low draw, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

TxRedMan 05-23-2007 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I'm not going to tell you when & where I play, .

[/ QUOTE ]

Loc: <FTP

Pokeraddict 05-23-2007 11:39 PM

The trend seems to be the higher the limit the better the game. The 6 max games tend to almost always be good.

RobNottsUk 05-25-2007 07:24 AM

Does the 'action' depend on when you play? Think FLO8 is more popular with US players, with Europeans having a PLO Hi tradition.

The FLHE tables certainly suffered, when the US players had to be barred from sites. Many UK Online Pro's were already switching to NLHE. So now I look at book like "Mid-Limit Hold'em" featuring $10/20 & $15/30 games etc, and see much softer play on table examples than a 50c/$1 online game this year.

At European day time almost all the O8 action seems to be PLO, rather than FLO.

Murakawa 05-25-2007 09:51 PM

I'm not finding it beatable and I don't have the BR to go higher but the 8/16 and 15/30 Full tilt games seem to be loosey goosey. If you look, David Chiu and Berry Johnston are on there all the time... assuming they are playing poker for a living they must be making some good money.

wackjob 05-25-2007 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not finding it beatable and I don't have the BR to go higher but the 8/16 and 15/30 Full tilt games seem to be loosey goosey. If you look, David Chiu and Berry Johnston are on there all the time... assuming they are playing poker for a living they must be making some good money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both of these "pros" are pretty poor LO8 players. They might beat the average fish, but if they play online as their "A" game, they suck horribly.

Shabamabam 05-25-2007 10:33 PM

I don't think they'd be all that great of winners without a $30/hr pay from FTP.