Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   UB w/d - money in limbo since 4/2 - finally received on 5/26 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=409651)

LongTimeLurker72 05-22-2007 09:40 PM

UB w/d - money in limbo since 4/2 - finally received on 5/26

I know this probably won't come as a surprise, but. . .

I requested a withdrawal by check for $950 from UltimateBet on April 2. The check never showed up, and after an email response to the problem, I took UB's advice and requested a stop payment on the check, on May 3, to get the money put back into my account in "5 to 7 business days", so I could attempt to withdraw by ePassporte.

As of Sunday, May 20, I still did not have the $950 back in my account, and had sent two more emails asking for my money, or the status of my money. I have gotten replies that they simply have not heard back from their bank yet confirming the check has been stopped. Finally, I told them they had until Tuesday to put the money back in account or I would post the details and timeline of events to 2+2. I received a boiler-plate reply that my message would be sent to the appropriate department. Today (Tuesday), I finally got this response <font color="blue">* </font>:

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your e-mail, I am deeply sorry for the delay. I have contacted
&lt;our Check Processor&gt; to inquire on the status of the stop
payment that was placed on your missing check. I have been informed by
&lt;our check processor&gt; that there investigation into this missing check is still
pending. I was told that it will be concluded within the next 48 to 72 Hrs. I
will continue to contact then daily on this matter in hopes of speeding there
investigation up.

Again I am deeply sorry.

Best regards,

Randy
Supervisor
Payments Department

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">*name of check processor removed to protect them from certain overzealous U.S. legal organizations. </font>

If this email is to be believed, I may be nearing the end of this long journey. However, I will not believe until the money is actually in my account. I will keep the forum posted on the progress of my check reversal, and subsequent ePassporte withdrawal if necessary.

Edit/MH: Post-title changed by request.

curious123 05-23-2007 06:29 AM

Re: UB w/d - money in limbo since 4/2

[ QUOTE ]
I will keep the forum posted on the progress of my check reversal, and subsequent ePassporte withdrawal if necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, gl.

TonyDanza 05-23-2007 08:37 AM

I had the same issue. It took a lot longer than 48-72 hours after I received that same email. I think it was more like another 2-3 weeks. FWIW, the stop payment was issued on my check on March 28th and I didn't receive the money back in my account until around May 10th.

bernie 05-24-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, I told them they had until Tuesday to put the money back in account or I would post the details and timeline of events to 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure this had them trembling.

b

LongTimeLurker72 05-24-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had the same issue. It took a lot longer than 48-72 hours after I received that same email. I think it was more like another 2-3 weeks. FWIW, the stop payment was issued on my check on March 28th and I didn't receive the money back in my account until around May 10th.

[/ QUOTE ]

So far, it is looking more likely that my experience will parallel yours, than that UB is starting to live up to their email promises. No further response from UB as of yet. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

LongTimeLurker72 05-26-2007 05:49 AM

UB check reversed - MONEY IS NOW BACK IN ACCOUNT

Well, maybe UB is starting to get slightly better. As of tonight, they confirmed the check was stopped and the $950 is back in my UB account. Here's the email I received:

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for your e-mail, I have refunded your check as per your request for a
stop payment.

I am sorry for the delay but I had to wait for conformation from our check
processor.

If this check arrives in the next week or so please destroy it.

Have a great weekend.

Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you require further assistance or
additional information.

Best regards,

Randy
Supervisor
Payments Department

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks UB, it's a start.

Well, that was step 1. . .I will now attempt to start an ePassporte withdrawal for around $600, and see what happens.

Wish me luck! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

LongTimeLurker72 05-26-2007 02:59 PM

ePass withdrawal COMPLETED IN LESS THAN AN HOUR

I actually forgot to make the ePassporte withdrawal, just did it this afternoon, for $1,200. I can't believe it. UB processed the withdrawal and put the money in my ePass account in LESS THAN ONE HOUR. May the miracles never cease! :-)

UIowaHottie 05-26-2007 03:55 PM

Re: ePass withdrawal COMPLETED IN LESS THAN AN HOUR

UB has horrible customer service.