Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AK meets resistance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=409043)

Elbie 05-22-2007 04:52 AM

AK meets resistance

I had only played 2 orbits at this 1/2 table. Villain in this hand seemed a little bit on the laggy side, but nothing remarkable really.

Villain limps UTG, 2 folds, I raise AKo in MP, button cc, villain calls.

Flop comes J 9 4 rainbow.

Villain bets, I raise, button folds, villain calls.

Turn K

Villain bets, I raise, Villain 3-bets, Hero.......?

fretelöo 05-22-2007 06:12 AM

Re: AK meets resistance

Why do you raise the flop? You likely have ~4 outs, and your equity doesn'T exactly sky-rocket when you get it HU.

Call the turn. Villain tells you loud and clear he doesn't care about the K - so why would you do anything but call?

Cueballmania 05-22-2007 06:23 AM

I call the first turn raise and put serious consideration into folding to the 3-bet.

I don't like the flop raise because to raise with overcards with someone behind you, a lot of times it's in an attempt to buy outs. You have the top two overcards, so you won't be dominated in the traditional way. If you had KQs with a backdoor straight and flush draw I would pop it, but you are drawing to to overcards that have a moderate chance of being reverse dominated. I would usually call the flop in this situation.

Elbie 05-22-2007 10:10 AM

If the villain honestly doesn't care about the K, one alternative would be to fold.....

fretelöo 05-22-2007 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the villain honestly doesn't care about the K, one alternative would be to fold.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. You could also just transfer your bankroll to his account.

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S 05-22-2007 11:03 AM

vil has exactly KJ or TQ

i call down.

ExpressGM 05-22-2007 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn K

Villain bets, I raise, Villain 3-bets, Hero.......?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think your doing yourself any favors with a raise here. Even laggy players will hit.

SO any hand you are beating will slow down and or fold. Any hand that beats you will keep firing.

HU against a player your not sure about - call down here, induce the bluffs and let him bet his chips off.

Eriol 05-22-2007 12:58 PM

At my level (0.25-0.50) lots of people bet/call this flop w/ TT-88-77 and c/f turn if a second overcard comes.
I don't know if it is the same at 1/2 (probably not) so I think the flop bet isn't so bad at .25.50, but I don't know if it is at 1/2.

On the turn I call, the raise is bad because he doesn't care about that K. As played I probably fold to the 3-bet

Aaron W. 05-22-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At my level (0.25-0.50) lots of people bet/call this flop w/ TT-88-77 and c/f turn if a second overcard comes.
I don't know if it is the same at 1/2 (probably not) so I think the flop bet isn't so bad at .25.50, but I don't know if it is at 1/2.

On the turn I call, the raise is bad because he doesn't care about that K. As played I probably fold to the 3-bet

[/ QUOTE ]

When people say things like this, I've always wondered how it was that they figured out what villains folded...

Edit: Post #6975... need an idea for 7k...

Eriol 05-22-2007 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When people say things like this, I've always wondered how it was that they figured out what villains folded...

Edit: Post #6975... need an idea for 7k...

[/ QUOTE ]

If the player who made that move isn't a big monkey I know he wasn't bluffing on that board.
If I also know he isn't so weak to c/f a Jx because an overcard falls on turn it is pretty simple saying he probably has something like tt-77-Q9s.