Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   KK lost all my money on this flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408984)

gmcarroll33 05-22-2007 02:25 AM

KK lost all my money on this flop

I've bought in for $180 and about 4 hours in I'm down to $110. I just lost $50 with 45 hearts on a Q-6-3 flop, where the bet was $20 on the flop and I called only to get a 4th heart on the turn, called another $20 and didn't hit anything on the river so I lost $40.

So about 5 hands later I get KK. We are playing 1/2 No Limit with a mandatory $4 straddle UTG. A few people call the $4 making the pot about $15. I raise to $15 and get called by only one guy. Flop comes Q-8-6 with 2 clubs. In about a $45 pot I bet $35 and get reraised to $93 total. So by then of my original stack of $110 I've invested $45. I'm only left with $65. I figure the guy for a set. There are very few hands I think that this guy would do this with. But I still call just because I'm thinking of how much of my stack I've invested already.

Question is was I correct in calling at this point? Obviously I ended up being behind, but if I've invested this much am I correct to call the last $60 or so or should I be prepared to live another day and realize I'm beat? All advice is appreciated.

luckybacon 05-22-2007 02:25 AM

Re: KK lost all my money on this flop

best advice is to read alot more stuff before posting. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

gmcarroll33 05-22-2007 02:42 AM

I'm sorry but I don't understand your advice here. Are saying read books or something (which I have) or are you saying to read the posts on this forum? What is so wrong with my question? I thought I presented a good question. I gave stack sizes and betting information so I thought this would result in valuable advice for future actions I will end up making. I'm trying to learn to make better decisions. This response didn't really help. What exactly are you recommending I do otherwise?

gmcarroll33 05-22-2007 02:57 AM

Come on guys help me out and give me advice.

reup 05-22-2007 03:01 AM

could you put him on a set here?

carnivalhobo 05-22-2007 03:02 AM

reload, dont play with less than the max/100bbs.

you should make it at least 25 preflop and read the stickies.

tarheeljks 05-22-2007 03:03 AM

raise more pf.

longhair 05-22-2007 03:16 AM

there are a tonne of hands he could raise the flop with that you beat. AQ, club draw amongst others.

gmcarroll33 05-22-2007 03:22 AM

About raising more preflop, I forgot to mention that I have an image as very tight at this table. Not by choice. I got a deuce or 4 as my first card for about an hour straight it seemed like. I was never in any sort of position to semi bluff bet or raise preflop or flop during hands. I finally got KK and didn't want to give away the strength of my hand. I wanted to make some money with it. I wanted lesser hands to give me some action. After all if I can't get action with AA or KK I'm missing out on a lot of money overall by overbetting my monsters preflop.

gmcarroll33 05-22-2007 03:25 AM

So about the fact that you believe I could beat a ton of hands he would have raised the flop with that I could beat, what is you strategy advice? Was my call wrong? And unfortuneately yes I put him on a set. My hand range I gave him was no less than a set or 2 pair, or nut flush draw.