Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Playing NLHE with Celebs at Commerce (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408966)

McCutter 05-22-2007 01:42 AM

Playing NLHE with Celebs at Commerce

At the Commerce recently, saw many celebs playing--Don Cheadle, James Woods, McCauley Culkin, Devon Aoki, etc. Anyone have any stories about playing at the same table as a celeb? Any tells, etc? (they already have enough money)

EL Burro Loco 05-22-2007 01:47 AM

Re: Playing NLHE with Celebs at Commerce

[ QUOTE ]
At the Commerce recently, saw many celebs playing--Don Cheadle, James Woods, McCauley Culkin, Devon Aoki, etc. Anyone have any stories about playing at the same table as a celeb? Any tells, etc? (they already have enough money)

[/ QUOTE ]

Might have better luck in News Views Gossip

McCutter 05-22-2007 02:08 AM

well this is about playing at Commerce, so whatever

suzy89222 05-22-2007 02:45 AM

ive played with james woods a couple times, he SUCKS. doesnt take it seriously at all. played with shannon elizabeth in a tournament. she seems to play well and really try. very tight. my favorite celebrity ive played with though is ben affleck. about 5 years ago, in a fairly big pot limit game, he basically gave me a pot. i asked him what he had after he went all in and he told me. i didnt think he'd lie to me because he knew i was playing over my head and that the money was important to me. plus being a female helped. i asked if he had a pair or better and he said no so i called with my AK and he had AQ. big pot too. he was a super nice guy (not just because of that). he was friendly with everyone and seemed really down to earth. plus he's REALLY cute!

*TT* 05-22-2007 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well this is about playing at Commerce, so whatever

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any stories about playing at the same table as a celeb?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, come again - B&M will miss you. - on the bright side this is gonna be a great NVG thread!

shaniac 05-22-2007 03:36 AM

when I played with James Woods at the WSOP, he seemed to take the game ULTRA seriously.

demon102 05-22-2007 03:43 AM

I played against Phil Ivey at the .01-.02 6max nl games on stars, he had his picture as an avatar and everything. He stacked me twice and I told him it was a pleasure to play with him then I left.

Checkraize 05-22-2007 03:55 AM

Played with James Woods at Commerce a while back. He was actually a pretty cool guy. Had his bangin' girlfriend with him also, who wasn't half bad at poker.

corpseartist 05-22-2007 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I played against Phil Ivey at the .01-.02 6max nl games on stars, he had his picture as an avatar and everything. He stacked me twice and I told him it was a pleasure to play with him then I left.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yeah I got stacked by Jessica Alba, Michael Jordan and Homer at .01/.02 on stars

SeriAce 05-22-2007 06:09 AM

doh!