Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Fold the turn? i put him on KQ (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408915)

terencetsao 05-22-2007 12:18 AM

Fold the turn? i put him on KQ

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+2 raises</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9.5SB, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.75BB, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>.

Villan is tag and has been playing solid. Im thinking of calling the raise and then fold if i dont fill up on the river. What would you guys do?

BigBadBabar 05-22-2007 12:21 AM

Re: Fold the turn? i put him on KQ

just call down from the turn raise and it's standard.

Buzz-cp 05-22-2007 12:24 AM

this is a tough spot. he is probably going to be more aggressive with AK on the flop. A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] could play this way, but they are going to fire UI on the river as well as draw you out sometimes. If you are calling this raise, you are going to showdown. You are not calling to hit your 2-outer.

Buzz

MacGuyV 05-22-2007 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just call down from the turn raise and it's standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT Lol@ folding.

Chino987 05-22-2007 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+2 raises</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9.5SB, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.75BB, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>.

Villan is tag and has been playing solid. Im thinking of calling the raise and then fold if i dont fill up on the river. What would you guys do?

[/ QUOTE ]

folding this is pretty bad.

ive seen enough donks do stupid stuff like this with hands like 34 (gutshot) or some random AQ that I sometimes want to 3B.

terencetsao 05-22-2007 12:34 AM

Well, if i call the turn, and im definetly calling the river too right?

Buzz-cp 05-22-2007 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

ive seen enough donks do stupid stuff like this with hands like 34 (gutshot) or some random AQ that I sometimes want to 3B.

[/ QUOTE ]

why don't you just say, "I don't believe your stupid [censored] read." This is never 34 and pick a range that is meaningful, given the preflop and flop action.

Buzz-cp 05-22-2007 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why don't you just say, "I don't believe your stupid [censored] read." This is never 34 and pick a range that is meaningful, given the preflop and flop action.

[/ QUOTE ]

nm I can't read the OP right [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Buzz-cp 05-22-2007 12:41 AM

still it's never 43 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Xhad 05-22-2007 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is a tough spot. he is probably going to be more aggressive with AK on the flop. A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] could play this way, but they are going to fire UI on the river as well as draw you out sometimes. If you are calling this raise, you are going to showdown. You are not calling to hit your 2-outer.

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero doesn't have a 2 outer even if he puts villain on KQ.

EDIT: AK is not out of the question btw.