Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Borgata - Memorial Day Weekend (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408556)

midas 05-21-2007 04:02 PM

Borgata - Memorial Day Weekend

What's the Borgata going to be like this weekend? Packed with regulars or tourist gamboolers?

I'm heading down for Satrday and Sunday nights.

SellingtheDrama 05-21-2007 04:31 PM

Re: Borgata - Memorial Day Weekend

the shore as a whole is gonna be packed...crazy tourist season begins!

4_2_it 05-21-2007 04:36 PM

Everyone in PA who owns a shore house will be there for what looks like a gorgeous weekend.

TheJunkyardGod 05-21-2007 04:42 PM

Even resorts was packed last year. I can only imagine the Borgata is going to be a madhouse. Get there early (8-9am) if you plan on going.

millmanator 05-21-2007 07:53 PM

Played BJ at the table across from James Gandolphini and Michael Imperioli Sat night. Pretty cool. It was a $200 min and Gandolphini kept playing $50...he didn't seem too into it and left quickly while his posse stuck around. When he walked out past the new club the peolple waiting in line to get in went wild cheering.

Jeffage 05-22-2007 07:41 AM

It really depends what you are playing. If it's 1-2 NL or 2-5 or whatever, there could be very long waits. For bigger games, the wait won't be nearly as long. But yes, it will be packed and the action will be good.

I remember a few years ago, I NEVER missed holiday weekends b/c the action was so good. But lately, every weekend is like a holiday weekend down there in terms of action so this week I'm hanging out with friends who are coming here instead. First Memorial day I've missed in AC in awhile. GL - I'm sure the tables will be jumping.

Jeff

eastcoaster 05-22-2007 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the Borgata going to be like this weekend? Packed with regulars and tourist gamboolers.

[/ QUOTE ]

poker327 05-22-2007 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But lately, every weekend is like a holiday weekend down there in terms of action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two weeks ago on a Saturday night I was playing 5/10 NL at Borgata, and we had to make it a 5-10-20 (dead straddle of 20) NL game because there was so little action in the game. At least half the players were either pros, regulars, and 2 + 2ers. Is there more action in limit games like 40/80 and 80/160? The past couple times I have played 5/10 on Saturday nights the games were nothing to write home about.

GiantBuddha 05-23-2007 12:38 AM

I'm going down there either Saturday or Sunday for a little 2/5 or 5/10 NL. From what I hear the 2/5s are super soft, but it sounds like the 5/10 is hit or miss. Are the waits really going to be that awful? What about other games like 2/4 LHE (for the girlfriend) or 20/40 LHE? Also are they likely to have any mixed games this weekend?

punkass 05-23-2007 01:07 AM

I plan on making it this weekend for the holiday. Probably leave Sat morning. play some 1/2 NL or 10/20. can't wait.