Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Table goes short, Auto-Raise ATC from the BB? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408342)

binki 05-21-2007 10:06 AM

Table goes short, Auto-Raise ATC from the BB?

All hands are 8/16 at The Bike last Saturday. Table composition is 4-6 ATC players at any given time, mostly passive. My play is TAG preflop and ABC postflop unless someone picks up on it and then I change it up against them. Plenty of calling down with hopeless draws.

This is the main game in a must move. We have 3 spots with no players several times. Sometimes it is because players are leaving and new ones are coming, other times is players on breaks.

With only 6 players should I auto-raise ATC from the bb if one or two players limp to me?

B_Movie_Fan 05-21-2007 10:09 AM

Re: Table goes short, Auto-Raise ATC from the BB?

No. They are bad and will chase/call down with almost anything. All this does is spew money. If it is only specific, super-weak limpers to you, then sure, go ahead. But if they're going to call you anyway, why raise with junk?

Frond 05-21-2007 10:14 AM

Evn if you do auto raise ATC you are till OOP with possibly worse cards. I wouldn't

jstill 05-21-2007 01:40 PM

y would u?

BobbyShaftoe 05-21-2007 04:57 PM

Do you mean auto-raise ATC from the btn? This might make sense, esp if you think you will be HU in pos against a a weak-tighty most of the time.

From the BB? no.

*TT* 05-21-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With only 6 players should I auto-raise ATC from the bb if one or two players limp to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every day except Sundays if the week has 8 days.

Allday Everyday 06-08-2007 08:39 AM

So, should we raise AT suited from the BB with two limpers?

I think it would depend upon who the limpers are, their range of starting hands, their postflop play, etc. But as a general rule...

I generally do raise with ATs, KQs and better suited holding here. I wonder if I am making an error by doing this.

DeuceKicker 06-08-2007 12:16 PM

AT suited is not nearly the same as Any Two Cards. With the description of the table as loose-passive, I think raising with any two is a mistake, but ATs and KQs are pumpable hands.

chillrob 06-08-2007 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Every day except Sundays if the week has 8 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate more here? How do you think raising trash hands from the BB is going to work here? Seems like it would make a bigger pot to encourage others to call down with their weak hands. Do people really fold to aggression easily in these games?

Rob