Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Fastest tapping button technique? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406778)

kurosh 05-19-2007 12:42 AM

Fastest tapping button technique?

What is the fastest finger technique to tap buttons? (think Mario Party)

toss 05-19-2007 01:14 AM

Re: Fastest tapping button technique?

Guitar method by far. (Index finger plus thumb together rapidly moving back and forth across the button)

EscapePlan9 05-19-2007 02:13 AM

Most gamers I know swear by the simple vibrating on the button with your thumb. When I get ready for button-mashing, I immediately stiffen my arm, get a firm grip on the controller, and vibrate my thumb on the button. When I play people online, some of them accuse me of using turbo [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

splashpot 05-19-2007 02:47 AM

My index finger is way faster than my thumb.

SNOWBALL 05-19-2007 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Guitar method by far. (Index finger plus thumb together rapidly moving back and forth across the button)

[/ QUOTE ]

I get better results by holding the controller in my left hand and vibrating it against my right thumb. At least that's how I beat revolver ocelot in MGS1 on the highest difficulty setting.

TBag 05-19-2007 08:23 AM

I have a very unique method that I as far as handheld controllers go, I literally have never lost a button mash competition. This is hard to explain but if you figure out I'm confident you'll see how much faster this is than you could ever press a button with one thumb alone.

Hold the controller between both palms and position both of your thumbs over the desired button with your thumbs bent at a 90 degree angle so the knuckles are nearly touching. What you're going to do is alternate your thumbs mashing on the button. With your thumbs positioned over the button, do the "vibrating" with your right arm, keeping your left hand still, so that when you're vibrating up your left thumb hits the button and when you vibrate down, your right thumb hits. It's hard to explain but once you figure it out you'll absolutely destroy anyone trying to use one finger. Let me know if you need clarification.

Edge34 05-19-2007 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most gamers I know swear by the simple vibrating on the button with your thumb. When I get ready for button-mashing, I immediately stiffen my arm, get a firm grip on the controller, and vibrate my thumb on the button. When I play people online, some of them accuse me of using turbo [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly how I do it, with the same results.

Mario Party is my bitch.

Jack Bando 05-19-2007 12:43 PM

How do you vibrate your thumb??

My method sucks and can't beat old NES olympic games (Track and Field, Gold Medal Challenge), put the controller down and wail on it with the thumb

Neil S 05-19-2007 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you vibrate your thumb??

My method sucks and can't beat old NES olympic games (Track and Field, Gold Medal Challenge), put the controller down and wail on it with the thumb

[/ QUOTE ]The trick is to find how far the button must be pressed down to make contact, then just slightly move your thumb back and forth, letting the button move just past that point in either direction, I thin.

Just shake, don't push.

zacd 05-19-2007 01:53 PM

My friends and I set the 100m world record at like 7.0 seconds in some PSX track and field game by using a battery and furiously rubbing it across the O and X buttons and using a second player to press the shoulder button at exactly the right moment to get a perfect lean. Scratched up the controller really bad though.