Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   QQ faces turn donk in biggish pot. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405550)

Fantam 05-17-2007 03:14 PM

QQ faces turn donk in biggish pot.

My reads were that MP3 was slightly loose aggressive and that UTG+2 had not been particularly out of line. Table was somewhat tight.

Party 0.25/0.50 (10 handed)

Hero is UTG+3 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG+2 open raises, Hero 3-bets, MP3 caps, blinds fold and the 3 of us see the flop of:

9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (13.5 sb)

UTG+2 bets, Hero raises, MP3 3-bets and the 3 of us see a turn of:

9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (11 bb)

UTG+2 bets, Hero....?

Thoughts ?

fretelöo 05-17-2007 03:27 PM

Re: QQ faces turn donk in biggish pot.

Calls.

You have UTG beat and are either WA or WB with regards to MP3 (meaning, he has a pp - which you either beat or don't. He won't fold to a raise ever, and it would suck terribly to have to fold to a 3bet.). Which one it is, you'll find out at showdown.

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S 05-17-2007 03:27 PM

calls

Niediam 05-17-2007 03:46 PM

Sucky.

I call.

I'd be more apt to fold if you hadn't picked up the gutshot or if MP3 was on the aggressive side.

that_guy_33 05-17-2007 04:21 PM

Call down and get the tissues ready.

googleit123 05-17-2007 04:36 PM

Call, looks like we're up against premium pair here.

Let's riva a JACK! (nun club please) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Buzz-cp 05-17-2007 04:44 PM

Try to get to SD cheaply. I think we are probably trapped here. If it goes call/cap, we can definitely fold. UTG+2's play smells like TT or maybe donking the oesd with JJ. I'm not sure we are ahead of MP3 though. Sometimes he hit this flop with 88 or sometimes his pair is bigger. He could also be playing JJ like this, or AK.

Second Toughest 05-17-2007 07:02 PM

I think it's a raise. Don't think you should get too frightened by the aggression on the flop. It's often to bully draws in to folding, rather than representing a made hand.

Villains ranges includes JJ, AK, mabye AQ, so there are more combinations that you beat than lose to. Make those overcards pay. Plus your getting 2 bets in the pot to your one. Plus you have a gutshot.

What do you do if you call and it's raised then 3-bet back to you?